Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Beg Bug Alternatives / Unusual BB bite pattern?

(3 posts)
  1. UnwelcomeGuest

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 9:14:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I've read through a load of posts on this forum (great resource btw) and remain uncertain whether what I'm experiencing could be attributed to BB or if another biting bug is a more likely cause?

I was first alerted to an issue by a triangle formation of bites on my thigh one morning. This was under the duvet in an area normally covered by the waistband of my pajama bottoms (I assume they slipped slightly down?)

I then two nights later, I noticed a single small bite on my abdomen, in an area under my loose-fitting T-shirt, under the duvet. A similar one appeared the following night. Again, it was under my t-shirt, under the duvet.

This morning I noticed one on my collar bone, just under the rim of my t-shirt and another in my armpit, under my t-shirt.

It seems really odd that I'm being bitten on covered skin rather than my arms/neck/face that are usually out of the covers and not covered by clothing. Is this still within the normal behavior of BB, or is there another culprit I should consider? As seems common, I'm slightly freaked out by the uncertainty.

It seems logical to set up some form of monitoring, but I'm baffled by the options. My bed base is an ottoman lift-up version, so it touches the floor and there is a multitude of places for BB to hide within it. How best to approach monitoring in a situation like this?

Many thanks,
    Adam

2. UnwelcomeGuest

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 9:26:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I should add: I've stripped the mattress and inspected it thoroughly for any signs, but found no stains/shells/live bugs

3. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 9:37:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I've experienced similar recently. It's Spring and things are starting to bite more. That does not mean it's bed bugs in fact the odds are very against it unless you have seen evidence.

Check the FAQ's here on monitoring or read some of the recent threads. If you a DIYer, search for Paul Bello's do-it-yourself passive, or if more ambitious wade through this thread here:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/new-monitor-available-independently-tested-by-richard-naylor

And while monitoring never hurts, again the chances are your bites just mean it's Spring.

Richard

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

263,644 posts in 42,613 topics over 128 months by 18,700 of 19,229 members. Latest: Greg_ooo, hpgirl2008, allergyprone