Bedroom Guardian Scam

(11 posts)
  1. chiti

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Mar 25 2013 19:21:03
    #

Login to Send PM

This is my first post here. This site has been very helpful to me, and I want to return the favor. Bedroom Guardian are new folks on the net, and they are a scam. They are selling diatomaceous earth in little plastic containers - nothing else., but they lead you to believe it's something special on their site and on the phone., and that their product will attract and repel bedbugs. (Diatomaceous earth does not do this.) They advertise 100% 60 day money back guarantee, but when you get your product, on the insert they say you have to call them to not be charged again in another 60 days for a refill!! When you ask for your money back, the girl tells you to avoid all the inconvenience of mailing it back for a full refund, if you just keep the product, they will refund 50% back to you. We'll see. This is obviously a scam. If anyone knows where else I can post to protect others, please let me know. I intensely dislike this sort of thing. Bedbugs are not the ONLY parasites after you.

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Mar 25 2013 19:44:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Good to know. Thanks!

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Mar 25 2013 19:58:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The FTC have an interest in bedbug scams. I would raise the issue with them. Also the better business beurea and yelp.com .

Sadly scams on the back of bedbugs is nothing new.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Mar 26 2013 0:24:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi chiti,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I looked on the Bedroom Guardian website and it said the product "repels and destroys" and "prevents" bed bugs.

Gut level reaction to the advertising claims: how could a product both repel and destroy bed bugs? Wouldn't it be the case that if they are repelled, they won't be exposed and killed?

It looks like a little disc. Where is it meant to be placed and how did you determine that it contains only DE? (I am not doubting that, just curious.)

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Mar 26 2013 7:53:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Once again folks:

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is !

Just sayin ,

pjb

As a consulting entomologist I provide services for entities such as property managers, health/housing/emergency depts, schools, hospitality/resort/cruise industry, homeowners, food service, retail, pest professionals & product manufacturers. I recommend only efficacious methodologies, products and equipment. Professional relations have included Actisol, AMVAC, Atrix, BASF, Bayer, Catchmaster, FMC, GMT, Eaton, MattressSafe, Nisus, ProTeam, Rockwell, Syngenta & Woodstream. No compensation for product sales occurs. As inventor of Knight Safe bed bug sleep tent provides a royalty.
  6. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Mar 26 2013 8:24:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I use it in my own home to repel bed bugs and to date I have never had a bed bug problem in my house so, it has to be working, no?

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Mar 26 2013 9:15:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I tracked this one down and it appears to be a variance of the bug defence scam using a grey hexagonal device which certainly when I tested it had zero repellancy for bedbugs.

Sadly with the poor example set by some "professionals" I am not surprised that the internet marketeers are aggressively entering the market. I am waiting for the next wave of cinema seat covers to arrive so some half baked "pro" can appear on YouTube claiming they "may or may not help".

Well its all about the marketing support fees don't you know.

David

8. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Mar 26 2013 11:37:45
    #

Login to Send PM

You mean my seat protector doesn't work? (I use it on transit since I once sat in something wet AND sticky). It also "repels" other people from sitting next to you since you look "nuts". Must better than the plastic bag I used to use. And it was only $2.99 plus shipping.

TAOT

9. RLM357

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Tue May 14 2013 13:06:46
    #

Login to Send PM

They charge $40. USD for auto reshipments after your first order. What that provide is about 05cts US worth of Diatomacious Earth unknown grade. You can buy Diatomacious Earth at Pool Supply Stores , Feed Stores and Large Hardware Stores for between $9.95 & up for various amounts. I just paid 10$ US for 13 lbs of Food Grade at my Hardware/Lumber Yard. What a Scam Bedroom Guardian has. I got burned because I was unaware of their auto ship policy. I called and cancelled today after a Long tele wait. 05/14/'13. READ the FINE PRINT ! E-mail all your friends . Spread the Word. Bug Sprays don't work. D.Earth dehydrates the Bedbugs, they feed on Blood, It lills fleas etc. asa well. It will takes a couple of weeks..Vacumn Rugs and than dispose of Vac. Bags. Both grades work but Food Grade is safer for pets. Thanks for reading this ~Rick Magee, FL

[Response from site admin: Rick, and others: do NOT, user any circumstances, use pool grade Diatomaceous Earth in your home. It is not just very harmful to pets but humans also. DE sold as "food grade" or as an indoor pesticide (which may be food grade + pesticides) should be used with care per our FAQ and other resources for reputable references on the dangers of pool grade DE.]

10. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 11 months ago
    Tue May 14 2013 13:32:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

There is a great FAQ on DE linked below:

http://bedbugger.com/2007/03/30/faqde/

There is a lot more information you need than the basic summary above and like with all things bedbug its better to know too much than to get bitten knowing too little.

David

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 months ago
    Tue May 14 2013 14:09:09
    #

Login to Send PM

RLM357 - 57 minutes ago  » 
    They charge $40. USD for auto reshipments after your first order. What that provide is about 05cts US worth of Diatomacious Earth unknown grade. You can buy Diatomacious Earth at Pool Supply Stores , Feed Stores and Large Hardware Stores for between $9.95 & up for various amounts. ... Both grades work but Food Grade is safer for pets. Thanks for reading this ~Rick Magee, FL

Emphasis added above.

No, this is incorrect-- pool grade diatomaceous earth must not be used for pest control.

See my warning added to your post above:

[Response from site admin: Rick, and others: do NOT, user any circumstances, use pool grade Diatomaceous Earth in your home. It is not just very harmful to pets but humans also. DE sold as "food grade" or as an indoor pesticide (which may be food grade + pesticides) can be used with care per our FAQ and other resources for reputable references on the dangers of pool grade DE.]

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

184,122 posts in 28,293 topics over 87 months by 12,191 of 19,345 members. Latest: sera143, falc, falc2
Site Meter