Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

Bedbugs outside

(5 posts)
  1. cookbugz

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 10 2015 21:28:30
    #

Login to Send PM

First, I want to happily say that after buying a wicker basket at a yard sale, I am 20 days with NO bed bug signs on my monitors and I am sleeping peacefully. But I am curious about the (perhaps) bugs that were at the neighborhood yard sale. People here in Florida have wicker outside with shells or plants in them. If there are bugs in that wicker, what happens to them? I was looking at my neighbor's plant which was in a wicker basket from her mom's house. As we were talking, could a bug have crawled on me? Or onto my shoe? My husband says I am crazy. But really, what happens to bed bugs that are brought outside? Does anyone know? Do they try and get back in?

I know what I sound like, I am nuts, that is for sure.

2. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 10 2015 22:58:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Husband sounds like a nice guy. As I have no idea what u r writing about.

3. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 10 2015 23:15:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like you have nothing to worry about.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 11 2015 0:32:48
    #

Login to Send PM

It sounds like you have not encountered bed bugs but were concerned solely because you bought a secondhand wicker item. Is this correct?

If so, it sounds like your secondhand item was bed bug-free. I would not be overly concerned about every piece of wicker you encounter. If people don't have bed bugs, their wicker items won't contain any.

It is good to be cautious with secondhand items, but try not to be anxious about bed bugs being "everywhere" as it sounds like you might be.

I hope I am reading this correctly and that this is helpful!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. cookbugz

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 11 2015 9:23:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you all. I think I have bed bug paranoia. Goes to show what they can do to you.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,567 posts in 43,045 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234