Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

Bedbugs May Be Controlled by Natural Fungus

(3 posts)
  1. TXbedbugger

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 3 2012 3:05:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Any hope for something like this to work to the near future?

--

Bedbugs May Be Controlled by Natural Fungus http://goo.gl/zI3zp

Washington, DC--(ENEWSPF)--November 29, 2012. Preliminary research from Penn State finds that a natural fungus, Beauveria bassiana, may be used to control bedbugs. The study, entitled “A preliminary evaluation of the potential of Beauveria bassiana for bed bug control,” finds that all of the bedbugs exposed to the biopesticide became infected and died within five days. The research found no differences in insect’s susceptibility to the fungus due to feeding status, sex, strain, or life stage. Most importantly, the infected bedbugs carried the biopesticide back to their hiding places, infecting those that did not go out in search of blood.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 3 2012 10:56:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

This is discussed extensively here:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/bedbug-fungal-infection-research

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 3 2012 11:56:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Introducing viable mold spores into an occupied space is very problematic for human health...
    Interesting research, but unlikely to ever be approved for use in a residence.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,567 posts in 43,045 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234