(5 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 1:31:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Everyone,

As many of you will know, we had an outage on 3/8 lasting almost 24 hours. It's not often such a thing happens here and maybe only once before have we been out for as long as this. What happened is there was a technical glitch last night involving our database, and for some reason, it was quite a struggle to get the relevant parties to get us back on track. We should honestly have been back online by Wednesday morning, and I was doing everything I could to get that to happen since I noticed the problem at about 1:30 am Weds.

That said, we're back up now, and things should work for you from here on.

Here's what you need to know:

The site went down sometime between 12 am and 1:30 am Weds. 3/8 EST.
    We had to restore a backup from the morning of Tues. 3/7.
    The site has been back up and working since about 11:45 pm Weds. 3/8. (You may have seen it reappear just before 10 pm, but you would have noticed something was still wrong with it.)

If you posted to the site between about 9 am EST Tues. 3/7 and the end of that day, when the site went down, or during a brief ten minute period on Weds. 3/8 around 10 pm, when the site was sort of but not fully fixed, your posts were lost.

I apologize for this. In many cases, you may have gotten questions answered and read the answers, which is great. However, if you posted and did not see or get an answer, please post again. It may seem a bit like the film Groundhog Day for a day or two as some bug IDs and questions come back.

If you registered for the site during those times, try logging in. If you use the correct username/password combination and your account is not recognized, it is likely because your account was created after the backup we had to restore. Please register again. (Once you register, if you don't get a password within an hour, please email me and I will reset it for you. I will try to check often for the next few days, so you don't have to wait too long.)

I truly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. However, if you haven't been with us that long, I hope you will understand this is a very unusual occurrence. In the 10+ years the site has been running, this sort of thing has happened only a couple of times.

Obviously, if you notice anything "weird" or anything seems wrong, please respond below and let me know, or send an email.

Thanks to all who use the site and contribute to it, and for your patience during this hiccup. Welcome back and thanks for coming back!

I'll make this a Green Sticky in a day or so, but people are more likely to see it if it's in the main discussions list. Feel free to respond below so it stays "current".

nobugs

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. FayeState

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 2:26:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for letting us know and for having this web site.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 17:31:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Faye!

4. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 4 days ago
    Tue Mar 21 2017 8:54:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for all your hard work, no bugs!

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 days ago
    Wed Mar 22 2017 0:46:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, ithoughtlicewerebad!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

251,772 posts in 40,214 topics over 122 months by 17,608 of 17,945 members. Latest: kwdreams, jsmartz, Xoxo