Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

bed bugs were in my cell phone case please help

(3 posts)
  1. ohgodnobbplz

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jun 6 2015 23:32:18
    #

Login to Send PM

here is my delimma, i have a very good friend who has a horrible bb problem. i rarely visit his house im terrfied of getting bbs.when i do visit , i dont bring anything inside no purse or anything but keys and my cellphone. i left my cellphone on his charger when i was there, i picked it up and when home and did my decontamiation process when i get home which includes stripping down putting everything in the dryer. i carry a can of bb spray in my car and spray myself and everything on me as soon as i get out of his house. well today i was laying in my bed playing on my phone, and noitcied two white bb nynphs crawing on my blanket. i panicd and immediatly bagged up my bedding, started spraying everything with 91 percent rubbing alcohol. i spayed the matress and my ottoman sitting next to my bed. i vaccumed, i put everybit of clothing into the dryer. i took all my bedding and clothing in my room to the landromat. and while stting there i noticed more bb babies crawling on me. i smashed them and notcied that they were coming out of my phone case. i took apart my case in the bathroom and submerged it in hot water. im terrified. i have sprayed everything ive had my phone with rubbing alochol, and went and got a matress encasement. im never gonna go to my friends house again,unless he gets rid of this.what other steps should i take? im scared now i cant believe that they were in my bed and coming out of my phone case. he has treated the house 2 times with sprays, but it only makes them worse. he wont tell his landlord ive told him he needs to, hes afaid he will get blammed for the infestation in his apt. i love him but i cant deal with this bb stress, he doesnt have a reaction to them but i do and its horrible. can i secretly call the health dept on his landlord. i feel like im itching all over but some of it could be me stressing out, please help

2. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Jun 8 2015 1:28:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there,

I understand how anxious and frustrated you feel. I've been there. But I also know that there are tons of "recommended" things being spread all over the internet that don't work and/or make things worse. And a couple of the things you mention have me concerned.

I'm NOT an expert, but I don't know of any "bed bug spray" that is labeled for use on a human being. This sounds very unsafe! I can't think of any situation in which it could be a good idea to spray pesticides all over yourself. Also, spraying alcohol all over the place won't do anything and it's dangerous because alcohol is highly flammable. Plus, the only way alcohol can kill a bed bug is for you to spray it directly on the bed bug. If you can see the bug to spray it, you'd be better off just trapping it with a piece of tape so you can smash it... (but take a picture before you smash it)

So please stop, take a deep breath, and take the time to learn what you need to know before doing anything else.

The first thing you need to do is confirm that it's really bed bugs. If you find another one, please take a good close-up picture and post it to have it identified by an EXPERT.

If it is bed bugs, your best bet is to get a well qualified PCO (exterminator) to do proper treatment. if you absolutely can't afford that, please don't keep doing what you've been doing. Get advice from an EXPERT here on the forum before you try to do it yourself.

As far as your friend is concerned, the stop and get educated advice applies to him too. You said he has sprayed a couple of times and they keep coming back. I don't know what he used and I'm not qualified to offer advice on what should be used, but I do know if he is using a bed bug "bomb" or fogger, he is most likely making his situation worse each time he does that.

Hang in there. If you don't allow panic to get the best of you, and you take the advice of the experts on this forum to heart, things will get better.

Melanie

I am NOT an expert - just a grateful bed bug survivor willing to share my experience, strength, and hope with others.
  3. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Jun 8 2015 1:38:32
    #

Login to Send PM

One more thing...when you have a picture, post it in a new thread in the detection and identification section of the forum with the word ID in the title so it will attract the attention of one of the experts.

Here's the link to that part of the forum.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,448 posts in 46,580 topics over 142 months by 20,545 of 21,411 members. Latest: PrismArc, unclejohn, WheelBugger