Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

bed bugs that burrow under the skin?

(6 posts)
  1. tisIsaidthefly

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat May 1 2010 21:19:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm guessing that it's just that someone wants to terrorize me (some people enjoy this stuff),
    but just in case there's any truth to it - is there such a thing as bed bugs which actually can
    burrow under the skin and stay there? I'm thinking it's got to be bs but I just want to make
    very sure.

2. LVK9

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat May 1 2010 21:36:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bugs do not burrow under your skin. You might want to Google Scabies, this mite does burrow under your skin.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun May 2 2010 0:21:08
    #

Login to Send PM

No, bed bugs only crawl on you and feed. There is no way that insect could crawl under your skin no matter how small it is when it's born (and it's really not that tiny) because it is not physically able to cut through and crawl in. Only very slender mouthparts get through during the feeding process. The feeling that some people feel such as something crawling under your skin or on your skin can happen but it does not mean that something really is doing that.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult in all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology.
  4. zerg_infestor

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun May 2 2010 2:09:04
    #

Login to Send PM

They don't burrow under your skin however they can hide on your skin due to hair on your body etc (only males) I just washed my legs because it was itching like hell and saw a bug get flushed down. Needless to say I was pretty freaked out.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun May 2 2010 2:18:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, although I wouldn't say hide, but what you say does happen sometimes, especially in people with more hairy skin. I've had them crawl on my skin, and the larger nymphs or adults would be more noticeable if they crawled on hairs because I would actually feel them while if they crawled on open skin, I might not always feel them.

6. bugoff63

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun May 2 2010 13:45:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Chiggers (noseeums, etc) do this though and are basically the MOST HORRIFYING THING ON THE PLANET. God. Itches like hell for basically weeks too, and for me left nasty scars.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

199,808 posts in 30,977 topics over 94 months by 13,426 of 20,830 members. Latest: desperate05, erickeese, peter911