Bed bugs in the workplace

(2 posts)
  1. CourtsMagorts14

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Nov 6 2017 22:30:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I work in a high school, and I've heard my students talking about bed bug sightings. No confirmation yet from our exterminator, but what can I do to keep myself from panicking in the meantime? There are no rugs or couches in my classroom, and the floors are also linoleum. The only soft surface is my desk chair, and I keep a sweater draped across the back of it. I do take a backpack to school, but it stays locked up in a closet on a coat hook all day. I also transport student papers between work and my home every day. The students themselves all carry backpacks or purses, and they usually leave them on the floor during class. So my question is - what steps can I take to prevent bringing these pests home with me? TYIA!

2. HifromChi

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 7 2017 12:21:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I'd keep any papers and books you transport back and forth in some kind of sealed bag, bed bugs love to hide in between pages and paper, do regular checks of your coat and backpack, and keep your things zipped and/or closed and off of the floor and your chair.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,823 posts in 43,336 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7