Bed Bugs.. ARE BACK. AGAIN.

(3 posts)
  1. bedbuggiusdeleteus

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 5:02:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, We've recently had a Bed Bug Infestation in our house, which, we bought pesticides to remove these god-awful creatures, but nope!, that didn't do diddly squat to these hardy creatures.

I went into my room tonight and went to sleep, in my bed, a few minutes after i felt a stingy-itchy sensation on the bottom of my thigh..

The dreaded.

Breakfast, Lunch and dinner bites...

I look around and find a small nymph around L1-L3, i couldn't tell because after i saw it, i squashed it to death with my index finger and thumb.

I went out into the living room and started to cry.. I just wish these damn bugs never existed... like they were never there....

I'm thinking about getting a heat treatment.

House :
    2 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, with basement and Attic, (both of which are not in use with beds)

Do you think they might be coming from my neighbors?, since i live in a single house with my grandmother, and my two dogs, do you think they may have been transfered from the neighbors house in some way?, could someone have had brung them over to us?

Also, I believe the original cause of the infection was..

Our nextdoor neighbor gave us two matresses, which looked innocent on the outside.
    Once i started getting bites and seeing the bed bugs in my bed, i went upstairs and looked at the matresses, and they. had TONS. Of bedbugs on them.

We burned them the next day, this was in sept-oct of 2016, and these damned bugs are still not gone...

Should i get my house heat treated?

2. mp7ski

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 6:42:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Chances are it's a survivor from the original infestation. But no one can know for sure. Heat treatments can be one of the most effective treatments out there, but the basement may cause an issue no matter what the pco says. I've had a pco that does heat treatment come to my place and he said the basement wouldn't be an issue cause they have no reason to be down there... well in reality, it is an issue. Most heat treaters don't treat basements because it's a heat sink, and if it's not heat treated, it will leave a place for the bugs to escape to. One pco that was on here at one time that does heat treatments made it clear that basements need to be treated as well. But it would usually take much longer to heat it up properly and he said he's done jobs like that that have taken 20+ hrs. Do I believe heat treatments can be successful without doing the basement... yes, but only in early infestations where most the bugs are isolated to the beds and haven't really made their way into the walls or baseboards. Buts that's just my opinion. Heat treatments usually leave a few stragglers regardless so a chemical or dust backup is usually what most pco do nowadays.

If I were you I'd at least have them come out and see what they say then make an informed decision.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  3. bedbuggiusdeleteus

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 7:22:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, I'll def have them come out and see what's up with these damned critters.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,778 posts in 43,323 topics over 130 months by 18,994 of 19,570 members. Latest: NotParanoid, montrealer, April13Hincher