Bed Bugs and Firearms

(3 posts)
  1. Baddreamscometrue

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue May 16 2017 16:09:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been trolling this site for quite some time. Many thanks to the users that had much information that helped. I feel sorry for many because I have been blessed with having many pest exterminator friends that have treated my home for under 250 dollars. Still vampires are still here. My main concern is, I own quite a few firearms and I have found nothing of much use on how to treat these. They are in a safe made of smooth metal however, I know that's not a fool proof system. Using logic, spraying chemicals on them is obviously not a good idea. Any ideas from the people on here? I use to work as a desk hand for a pest control company for quite a few years so my main concern isn't about the bugs. Just firearm treatment for possible infestation from bed bugs. Thank you kindly.

2. barelyliving

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue May 16 2017 16:12:57
    #

Login to Send PM

You could probably use Nuvan pest strips or Rag in a Bag with Cirkil. You can look them up for details.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue May 16 2017 18:11:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I would just do an inspection when you break them down for cleaning. Not exactly prime real estate for a bed bug even if they're stored under the bed. If the infestation is rather large I would think the gun case itself would be more attractive than the gun.
    My rifles are in a travel case under my bed. The egg crate foam around the rifles would be the first place I would check. There just aren't many places on my rifles that I think would be attractive to bed bugs. A barrel doesn't seem tight enough, there's not much room near the bolt and the receiver may be a bit smelly with oils and dust and such. The case is the more attractive option in my mind.

Great question.

Bird dreams are not admissible in court.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

255,240 posts in 40,867 topics over 124 months by 17,884 of 18,271 members. Latest: DDScared97, Chelsearae0315, nervousbugdown