Bed bugs and Christmas!!

(4 posts)
  1. Freakedout101

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 11:40:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I haven't posted in a while.. Still haven't seen anything definitive and I'm wondering if it is safe to put up my Christmas tree/decorations? I really want to have a "normal" Christmas with my son and I feel bad for being unsure if it is safe to decorate during this "scare". All of my decorations are in my bedroom closet.

2. eatenbybedbugs

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 12:11:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Ive got bitten in my hand today and i saw bite marks again on my hamd even tho my bed is covered with anti bed bug dust :(. Rip christmas for me too.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 days ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 12:28:31
    #

Login to Send PM

eatenbybedbugs - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Ive got bitten in my hand today and i saw bite marks again on my hamd even tho my bed is covered with anti bed bug dust :(. Rip christmas for me too.

I don't know if there are any insecticidal dusts that are repellent and can be applied to the mattress or frame. Depending on application, you could be applying too much and that wouldn't be healthy.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Bedbugmom41

Posted 3 days ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 10:19:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Freakedout101 - 22 hours ago  » 
    I haven't posted in a while.. Still haven't seen anything definitive and I'm wondering if it is safe to put up my Christmas tree/decorations? I really want to have a "normal" Christmas with my son and I feel bad for being unsure if it is safe to decorate during this "scare". All of my decorations are in my bedroom closet.

Hi FO101

I am not an expert and I am not familiar with your situation, however...
    You can avoid Christmas and still have bedbugs (or not) or you can enjoy Christmas and still have bedbugs (or not)! Could you carefully and slowly unpack your tree/ornements outside on a white sheet to see if anything comes out of it before bringing it Inside one by one after close inspection ?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,596 posts in 43,507 topics over 131 months by 19,061 of 19,650 members. Latest: lexie0490, onyva, Ruth989