Bed bug or beetle [a: beetle]

(4 posts)
  1. ffffffuuuuuuuuu55

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 4 2017 14:09:17
    #

Login to Send PM

What is a way I can differentiate from a small beetle or a bed bug nymph? when I zoom on the pic I took it doesn't look like pictures of obvious bed bugs. It's more skinny than oval. So that makes me think it's a nymph, but it's ALL brown. I will add the pic I took later

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 4 2017 17:11:50
    #

Login to Send PM

ffffffuuuuuuuuu55 - 3 hours ago  » 
    What is a way I can differentiate from a small beetle or a bed bug nymph? when I zoom on the pic I took it doesn't look like pictures of obvious bed bugs. It's more skinny than oval. So that makes me think it's a nymph, but it's ALL brown. I will add the pic I took later

Just post the picture and we'll be able to explain the anatomy. Set phone/camera to highest resolution and largest picture size and get close so you can get an in focus magnified picture. Try for both dorsal and ventral views if possible.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. ffffffuuuuuuuuu55

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 4 2017 18:36:18
    #

Login to Send PM

4. Mawiwala

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 5 2017 3:18:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Has wings --> beetle

There are a lot of pictures of bed bug nymphs in the internet. If you compare those with your pictures the difference should be clear. They look like smaller versions of adults, but are lighter in color and more translucent.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,567 posts in 43,045 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234