Bed bug mattress cover had a hole!! :(

(5 posts)
  1. NastyBugs200

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 11:29:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, this will be me second time battling these nasty damn bugs. I hate these things!! Back in July 2016 I found out I had bed bugs. Had terminix come in and spray as we are under contract with them. Needless to say who has 500 bucks per room to treat. Did everything he said to do. Bought mattress covers for all of the 4 beds that are in my house, including box springs. Also bought all the bed bed bug interceptors even though 2 rooms where fine. Just wanted to be on the safe side. Hadn't seen a single bed bug, bite, or anything since Mid September. Thought I was good until I noticed 2 red marks on my daughters hand. Was checking interceptors once a week. Didn't see anything!! Then one evening I was checking again and noticed a Medium hole in her box spring cover!! OMG!! Flipped out and was checking her bed and sure enough, they had escaped from that hole. I had bought some TRANSPORT GHP INSECTICIDE the first go around, and had done a treatment over Christmas so I found no live bed bugs on her bed, just dead ones, but I'm sure there are some still out there. I don't let the blankets or anything touch the wall. I have thrown out her old box spring and mattress and have ordered her a new one. I should have known to replace her bed as well as I did mine back in July. NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WOULD RIP! Now I have to start from the very beginning now.....agh, these things can go to HELL!!

2. Poiqm

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 13:42:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh no, no fun. But you're a seasoned warrior and are prepared this time.

Covering the bed frame corners and any sharp areas with heavy tape will help to prevent holes and tears in the encasement.

You could cover the hole with duct tape and seal it up. I would do that PLUS add another encasement over it just to be safe and dust it all with cimexa before sealing it up. And treat the whole bed to kill any bugs still on it.

3. NastyBugs200

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 12:42:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Ya, that's a good idea, but I went ahead and threw her mattress and box springs out. Her new bed just came in yesterday. I however did find a small hole in mine as well, but we bought a new mattress once we found out we had them, then encased the new mattress. So I'm not worried about our hole in the bed, but still covered it up. Why do they sell them things if they just end up ripping and you have to start all over??! Grr... at least I do know that it's a very low infestation anyways. She had bed interceptors on her bed as well so they couldn't get down off the bed besides falling. I've still been spraying insecticide as well and DE powder. I will treat her new mattress to. It feels like a never ending battle! I should have known just to through all mattress out in the beginning.

4. Poiqm

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 12:48:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you throw out the frame or treat it and keep it?

5. NastyBugs200

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 13:15:17
    #

Login to Send PM

The frame I sprayed alcohol on it outside let that dry and then sprayed it down with insecticide. It's a metal frame. No wood to that part I kept.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

249,998 posts in 39,942 topics over 121 months by 17,492 of 17,820 members. Latest: dazedandconfused, Lor443, Tarapi