Bed bug ID [a: booklouse]

(4 posts)
  1. perkinsb

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 11 2017 14:08:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been getting plenty of bites from something since moving into a new apartment (1-2 per day). My first thought was mosquitoes, but I haven't actually seen any of those. After a thorough search of the bed, sheets, bed frame, couch, cushions, etc. I found no bugs, droppings, shells or anything to indicate bed bugs. Today, however, I saw this little bug crawling on my desk, so I put some flypaper on it and put it under a microscope. What you're seeing is the underside. Any help identifying whether this is a bedbug would be greatly appreciated (and if not, any suggestions about what it might be)

https://imgur.com/a/KZxut

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 11 2017 14:16:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug. The antennae are far too segmented and the mouth parts are very different from a bed bug. That said I cannot give a positive ID as to what you have there, hopefully Lou will come across this thread and give you a proper ID. Again, this is not a bedbug.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 11 2017 14:18:35
    #

Login to Send PM

You took a nice close-up of a booklouse.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. perkinsb

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 11 2017 14:21:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you both

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,567 posts in 43,045 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234