Bed bug free over 2 years and bam bug

(22 posts)
  1. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri May 19 2017 22:33:57
    #

Login to Send PM

OK we had bed bugs over 2 years ago.Paid $2,200 to have a heat treatment and it didnt work.However they only give you 3 months warranty.Well the heat treatment didn't work.We didn't know until after the 3 months was up.Paid another $2,200 for our 2nd heat treatment.That was over 2 years ago.My youngest and oldest son always get bite marks.We didn't see any either.I wasn't letting anyone in my house and we were making the kids strip outside before coming in when they went to friends houses.Well 2 days ago I was sitting on my bed and seen one crawling on my shirt.It was a medium size bug.I freaked out...Mind you I dont do well with these bugs at all.I'm so depressed and can't quit crying.I can't and won't sleep in my house knowing I have them.Last time (2 years ago)it was winter and I was outside in a tent.It doesnt bother my boys or husband like it does me.I'm disabled and my hubby is the only one working.We barely make enough to covwr our bills.So I have a few questions.I've asked the bug people questions but I feel like they will tell you what you want to hear cause they want the money.We just started letting people in our house again like a few weeks Ago.2 of the people did have bed bugs and swore they got rid of Them (my brother and best friend)I wouldnt let them in forever and got tired of them complaining and gave in.I know I know so stupid of Me.My question is do you think I got rid of them over 2 years ago abd just got them back or do u think I have had them the whole time?See the first time I had them we didnt have them even a few months and would see bite marks on my boys and the bugs.The last 2 and half years we have had nothing...I'm so scared to pay to get another treatment if they havent helped at all..The bug guy said We would of seen bites or bugs and there is no way we had them the whole time and not known it.My hubby sold his truck that he truly loves today so we could get another treatment.I just feel like I'm never going to make it out of this and we should just throw everything away and move to a empty place and Start all over...I'm praying I get some advice and you guys think I had gotten rid of them and just caught them again so I will feel OK about getting another treatment.sorry this is so long.

2. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat May 20 2017 2:42:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Like always I'm up wide awake cause I can't sleep.Have white sheets,white pillow cases and white blanket and I sit in the middle of my bed nodding off.I wake every few min and check all around me.Sometimes staying up most of the night.Since finding the bug the other night Ive only had a few hours of sleep.My hubby and 3 boys dont get bothered by it all..I will be sitting up all night freaked out while they are snoozing away..I'm thankful that it doesn't effect them like it does me.But I wish my hubby and my oldest son would be more understanding of what I'm going through.When I want to check the curtains or furniture they think I'm going over board.I told my hubby that we needed to get the traps that the bed legs go in and that when we prep these next few days for the heat treatment that we need to throw away everything that is not needed so our house is just simple and not cluttered up and hopefully it does a good job they think I'm going over board with everything.I know one thing I am wore out...I honestly just wish we could get rid of everything and move.I've been dealing with this crap for 2 and a half years.I know I will be sleeping in my car soon until the treatment cause I have to have some sleep to keep going and to keep me sane..They arent coming to do the heat treatment until Friday so thats 7 more days.I keep checking back often to see if anyone has commented..I'm anxious to see what you guys think.If I had gotten rid of them and someone brought them back in my house or if I have had them this whole 2 And a half years???

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat May 20 2017 9:48:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I've got to know if there was any insecticide applied along with the heat treatment. 2 months is too short for their warranty period.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat May 20 2017 15:11:42
    #

Login to Send PM

The second heat treatment there was no spray....Its 3 months warranty..Do you think Ive been bed bug free for 2 and a half years and just caught it again or do you think I've just caught them again?Bug people came in and seen nothing this time.I'm super clean Person and have checked daily for over 2 years and nothing.The bites show up on my kids really bad and they havent had one bite in over 2 years either.I just started letting people back in my house a few months ago.Im just curious to know what everyone else thinks.

5. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat May 20 2017 15:29:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry was suppose to say do you think I've just caught them again or have had them the whole time.

6. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat May 20 2017 23:52:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Im so scared to pay for this 3rd heat treatment if they havent worked in the past..

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 21 2017 1:42:10
    #

Login to Send PM

If you had bed bugs for 2.5 years, there would be a lot of fecal stains near wheee people were being bitten (for example, in beds).

It sounds like it's probably a new introduction. It's possible you got them from the friends with bed bugs, but it's also possible you got them from somewhere one of you went-- it is a common problem.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 21 2017 1:58:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes we have no staining or fecal matter anywhere.The bug guy came and searched my whole Bed and nothing...I know they hide good but you would see something.There was nothing...So I feel better to know that you think we just got them again.If we had bed bugs this whole time wouldn't we of seen a bug wat before now or the bites show back up on my kids?I'm not letting anyone in my house after this heat treatment and if my kids go to a friends house they will be stripping naked before coming in.I'm tired of dealing with this...I have depression and panic attacks already and this crap just makes it worse..I can't sleep and I do is constantly check the bed..

9. bedbuggrayson

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 21 2017 7:48:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Question how many square feet is your home? I paid about the same as you for my townhome ( roughly 1700 sq ft ). My warranty however is 2 months. I just found a bed bug last night. Service was done 3/16/17. So, here I am a few days "out of warranty" i'm going to call the company and see what they say.

This is a lot of money and I simply am not made of the stuff. I went with heat, which was the most expensive option because I wanted peace of mind. My service included dusting, along the wall, outlets and one bed got the leg protection things. I bought a second on Amazon (for my other bed). I also paid though the service company 2 queen bed encasements.

10. bedbuggrayson

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 21 2017 7:49:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Question how many square feet is your home? I paid about the same as you for my townhome ( roughly 1700 sq ft ). My warranty however is 2 months. I just found a bed bug last night. Service was done 3/16/17. So, here I am a few days "out of warranty" i'm going to call the company and see what they say.

This is a lot of money and I simply am not made of the stuff. I went with heat, which was the most expensive option because I wanted peace of mind. My service included dusting, along the wall, outlets and one bed got the leg protection things. I bought a second on Amazon (for my other bed). I also paid though the service company 2 queen bed encasements.

11. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 21 2017 18:48:16
    #

Login to Send PM

My house is 2200 sq ft....So thats why its $2,200 so that would be a $1 a ft right?This is my 3rd one I getting ready to get.I'm not happy at all!!!I'm pretty sure I got rid of them.Ive been bed bug free for over 2 years.Then let my friend and brother back in my house a few months ago.Both had bed bugs but told me they had gotten rid of them.My best friend didnt have any treatments done at all.She lives in a little cabin/shed thing and said that it gets really hot in the summer and that the heat killed them off.I call bullshit.But I thought it would be hard catching them from someone carrying them in on them.Guess I was wrong.I'm sorry your still dealing with it also.After your heat treatment you shouldn't see any live bugs.If you do it didnt work.

12. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 21 2017 18:52:17
    #

Login to Send PM

If its past your warranty time they probably wont help u..I know mine wouldn't..2 month warranty there is no way to tell in that short time if it worked...Well the company I use is just as bad.I only get a 3 month warranty...I want to use some traps so I can make sure I find them before my warranty is yo but I keep hearing that they dont work.So I'm trying to find info on something I can do to know before my warranty is up

13. bedbuggrayson

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 21 2017 18:54:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Proudmommyto3rottenboys - 3 minutes ago  » 
    My house is 2200 sq ft....So thats why its $2,200 so that would be a $1 a ft right?This is my 3rd one I getting ready to get.I'm not happy at all!!!I'm pretty sure I got rid of them.Ive been bed bug free for over 2 years.Then let my friend and brother back in my house a few months ago.Both had bed bugs but told me they had gotten rid of them.My best friend didnt have any treatments done at all.She lives in a little cabin/shed thing and said that it gets really hot in the summer and that the heat killed them off.I call bullshit.But I thought it would be hard catching them from someone carrying them in on them.Guess I was wrong.I'm sorry your still dealing with it also.After your heat treatment you shouldn't see any live bugs.If you do it didnt work.

This is the most expensive thing, i've gone through that wasn't a direct home improvement. I left a message for the company that treated my home. I'll see what they say. I'm 5 days out of the 2month warranty. Just waiting and hoping.....

14. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 21 2017 19:05:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes it is very very Expensive and we have a rough time paying our bills the way it is.My hubby had to sell his truck two days ago so we could have the money.He loved that truck..If your only out a couple days you would think they would help you.I will be praying for you that they go ahead and help u.Did you go through all your stuff before the heat Treatment?

15. bedbuggrayson

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 21 2017 20:08:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Proudmommyto3rottenboys - 56 minutes ago  » 
    Yes it is very very Expensive and we have a rough time paying our bills the way it is.My hubby had to sell his truck two days ago so we could have the money.He loved that truck..If your only out a couple days you would think they would help you.I will be praying for you that they go ahead and help u.Did you go through all your stuff before the heat Treatment?

Wow, i'm sorry to hear that. We'll see, thank you. We went through our stuff and cleaned/threw out stuff. The night I found them I took all of the bedding and threw it away ( trash day was that morning). I pray everything works out for you and your family.

16. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 21 2017 20:20:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Please keep me updated on what the bug people Say,if they will do it again or not do it...I hope they do though😊

17. bedbuggrayson

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue May 23 2017 17:57:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Well , they said i'm under warranty and want to come out tomorrow with the dogs. They just want to see what areas the dogs alert them to. However, the guy said another whole house treatment would be best. So......we shall see

18. bbmom

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue May 23 2017 19:23:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Proudmommyto3rottenboys - 3 days ago  » 
    Sorry was suppose to say do you think I've just caught them again or have had them the whole time.

If you were bug free for entire 2 years, that means that you caught them again from elsewhere. It means that your 2nd treatment worked, this is what I would think. Bedbugs cannot live for 2 years without feeding, if you have reaction to bites, you would know if you got bit.

19. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Wed May 24 2017 3:32:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedbuggrayson-Im so Happy for you that they say you are still under warranty...Just makes sure you prep well.My very first one we kept our couch and it was very thick...The cushions were sewed on.We thought the heat treatmen would take care of it all.We were wrong.Still had them.After the second heat treatment we threw the couch away.So the couch was infested and the heat couldn't get all the way through it..So if you have really thick couch an its infested then its best to throw it out .

20. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Wed May 24 2017 3:39:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you BBMom for reading my post and commenting.I really appreciate it.Makes me feel so much better to know that the heat treatment did work the second time.I'm praying we just caught them again and I got lucky and seen the bug crawling on me.So this heat treatment should really work.Ive sat up every night all night long in the middle of my bed on white sheets with black clothes on and Ive not seen Anything else.I was right by my hubby who was sleeping.Nothing ever crawled on him either.My boys show bites badly and still no bites.So I'm fairly sure we caught it super quick...I just can't wait till Friday.I'm exhausted.Since this started 5 days ago I have only Had a few hours of sleep.I keep thinking I see bugs crawling places and look and nothing there.I'm seeing shit now and so freaked out about it all.Just want some sleep.

21. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Wed May 24 2017 3:45:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh and besides the white sheets,white pillow cases and white blanket(So we can see the bugs if they crawl on my bed)I know you can't see baby ones really cause they are white.So I also put on black clothes so I would see if a baby got on me.Then I tapped my pants to my socks at my ankles and wore a long sleeve black shirt and tapped the wrist too.My hubby just laughs at me but I'm serious.This crap is really messing with me.Thought about putting a plastic bag over My head and taping it and leaving slots for my mouth and Eyes...But I figured since I'm just sitting in the middle of the bed that I shouldn't have to do that.

22. bedbuggrayson

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Wed May 31 2017 16:06:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Well they came with the dogs they alerted to areas in the house. My ottoman where I found one and our 2nd bedroom.

Yesterday they completed a whole house treatment. I also need to get my bed encasements replaced due to holes. I have not slept in the masterbed room to this day so that is puzzling. The encasements were on backorder. They should have them next week.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

257,195 posts in 41,256 topics over 125 months by 18,080 of 18,499 members. Latest: Mendace, astephe2, Cmarie32