(9 posts)
  1. laura3090

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Aug 4 2017 18:55:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

See attached for picture of potential bed bug smear. It's more brown than black, which makes it really unclear to me what's going on (i've seen talk of urine smears as well).

Larger context here - I just moved into a new place. I got a used couch, but bed and frame are new. No recent history of bug infestation in the building. The second night I slept in it, I got two bites on my face right next to each other. The third night, one bite on my face. Fourth night, one bite. Fifth night, one bite. All on my face.

1. Does that look like a bed bug stain? It's yellow-brown ish (image: https://ibb.co/k6FiWa )
    2. Is it even possible to get bed bugs in a 1 day timeframe (i.e. travel from couch to mattress, although couch touches mattress; context I know person I bought couch from[ and they don't think they have bedbugs obviously)
    3. Would they bit several days in a row, but only bit linearly once?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 5 2017 0:56:56
    #

Login to Send PM

That looks like blood, and if it is blood, it doesn't confirm bed bugs. Wait for an expert to confirm.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Aug 5 2017 11:57:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Looks like dilute blood and lymph as opposed to whole red blood.

Its not bed bug confirming.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Aug 6 2017 2:18:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, David!

5. sshakoor

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Aug 10 2017 0:27:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, Had bedbug problem almost 14 months back, just moved home but new mattress etc. saw few stains recently, not previously there. have been few bites etc. but no sign of bugs except for this few drops of possible blood. please help identify. the thought of recurring bedbug problem is frightening.

6. sshakoor

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Aug 10 2017 0:44:31
    #

Login to Send PM

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Aug 10 2017 6:37:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi sshakoor,

That's red blood which does not confirm bed bugs.

David

8. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Aug 10 2017 10:58:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you pulled the sheets back and examined the corners, under the seams/tags, and other 'hiding' spots for other signs as well? Do you have a pet that could have fleas in the house? Or do the neighbors have fleas?

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the pros.

Good luck to all, and please research anything you are thinking about possibly doing prior to doing it- SAFETY FIRST!
  9. sshakoor

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 6:00:49
    #

Login to Send PM

hi thanks david and psychollogically messed up.
    Looked all over the place, no other trace of blood or other signs. Dont have pets but my neighbor does, 2 dogs in the apartment. Will keep looking,. Had pco come over last week, he did not find signs of bb but this stain happened sometime after his visit.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,674 posts in 42,198 topics over 127 months by 18,524 of 19,017 members. Latest: Tglock, Rae13, Buggybuggy335