Bed bug egg? [a: no]

(4 posts)
  1. Terrified27

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Sat Apr 15 2017 8:24:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I discovered what I think is a bed bug on my mattress and I don't recall seeing it the day prior. I googled a lot because I had already suspected bedbugs as me and my kids had experienced one bite each.
    I am going to post the pics I have but I had initially placed it in the toilet in a bottle cap but then realized it could be evidence for an exterminator so I took it out, put it in a container and bagged it (twice), then placing it in my garage. I sent it to the exterminator who is supposed to come on Monday and he kept saying he cannot tell and wanted me to take another pic. So, about 6 hours later I go for it and it had turned into a very small amount of sticky substance??!!
    Do bed bug eggs do that when exposed to water?

http://imgur.com/a/d6iGj

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Sat Apr 15 2017 10:20:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

As you can see by comparing with the image below of a hatched and unhatched egg it is neither:

eggsmicroscopestacker by David Cain, on Flickr

I would search for faecal traces as the most obvious and least movable sign.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Terrified27

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Sat Apr 15 2017 13:29:38
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    As you can see by comparing with the image below of a hatched and unhatched egg it is neither:
    eggsmicroscopestacker by David Cain, on Flickr
    I would search for faecal traces as the most obvious and least movable sign.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I have taken my bed apart and wasn't able to find anything other than the eggs and of course the initial bites. I am still considering throwing out everything in my room but I guess I'll wait till Monday.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 1:30:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Terrified27 - 1 day ago  » 

I have taken my bed apart and wasn't able to find anything other than the eggs and of course the initial bites. I am still considering throwing out everything in my room but I guess I'll wait till Monday.

But as David said, you didn't find a bed bug egg.

You have no evidence and as such are likely to regret throwing everything away. That's not necessary if you find bed bug evidence, but without it is completely irrational.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,582 posts in 43,275 topics over 130 months by 18,981 of 19,559 members. Latest: Ehe22, Koonspg4s, slynnp1