Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Bed Bug bites right after the extermination???

(6 posts)
  1. Jb1234

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Feb 14 2009 12:33:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I just had an extermination on Friday the 6th. It's Feb 14th and I am still getting bed bug bites. Could the bites be a delayed reaction? And how long till I know it's no longer a delayed reaction???

2. yenko133

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Feb 14 2009 13:59:25
    #

Login to Send PM

This happened to me too , It seems that some times a treatment brings out the Bugs , in some cases and but not in others , I was surprised the first time this happened and thought the PCO was at fault,I am now self treating and have great results , Its a ton of work but I am winning now , no bites for the week and counting, I dealt with it by stepping up my game , And not stopping to give the BB a foot hold, I have a bed bug budget and time set aside for the battle.

3. BugBoy911

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Feb 15 2009 1:13:47
    #

Login to Send PM

4. jbug

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Feb 15 2009 1:15:16
    #

Login to Send PM

someone needs to answer this ,,,,,, how long should you still see bites after a successful treatment

5. BugBoy911

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Feb 15 2009 1:40:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I'd have to say threw experience that most pesticides wether liquid concentrate residuals, contacts, dusts of all types pyrethrins to DE to Deltamethrin will kill specifically BedBugs from 45 seconds too 24-48 hrs after the bastard comes in contact with it. The problem with the "successful treatment," thing is that bedbugs are not everyday feeders but monthly. I've heard that BedBugs don't have to eat for 2 months after a bloodmeal. He may have found the harborage area or area's, yet there may have been an area that he missed in the room. Possibly a crack or crevice somewere in the room that was not treated or sealed. You have to look and inspect the room with a flashlight. Do you have cracked walls or old paint? Do you have many picture frames on the wall, from as large as a TV to as small as paper taped against the wall? What is your bedframe made out of? Do you have a head board? How much activity did he find? Were did they find most of the activity? Was it in the mattress or the frame? Somewhere else? What area of your body had the new bite on it after the treatment? Just some questions... What did he use and did he explain what he found?

6. Jb1234

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2009 8:21:55
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks bugboy911 and yenko133

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.