Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bed Bug Bites on Head?

(2 posts)
  1. ShelaghDB

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue May 22 2012 23:10:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Curious, do bed bugs often bite peoples heads? LOL

Not CAN they for I realize they can bite anywhere but do you hear of them biting the head of people often especially people like myself with long hair that has a lot of of it on her head and very thick, thereby there not being many "open" spaces on the head.

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue May 22 2012 23:15:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, I have seen people bitten on their head, face, neck, ears, etc.

Of course, if the hair is thick it is difficult to see the bites. And, BBs may not bite in areas where access to a suitable feeding location may be blocked by the presence of dense hair.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

As a consulting entomologist I provide services for entities such as property managers, health/housing/emergency depts, schools, hospitality/resort/cruise industry, homeowners, food service, retail, pest professionals & product manufacturers. I recommend only efficacious methodologies, products and equipment. Professional relations have included Actisol, AMVAC, Atrix, BASF, Bayer, Catchmaster, FMC, GMT, Eaton, MattressSafe, Nisus, ProTeam, Rockwell, Syngenta & Woodstream. No compensation for product sales occurs. As inventor of Knight Safe bed bug sleep tent provides a royalty.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.