Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bed bug bites

(5 posts)
  1. Help please

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 5 2017 6:55:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi! It all started 7 weeks ago. We stayed at the hotel for one night and the next morning our little boy had bites on his legs and arms. The first thing i thought about was bed bugs. There was four of us in the room and only he has them. It took about 6 weeks for the bites to go away. He still has mark on his foot from one of them. Ever since then i check our beds every day. I keep finding blood spots on our bed sheets but nothing else. We've had people coming round to inspect the house 2 weeks after we got back from the hotel and said we havent got them. I know that blood spots dont mean we have bed bugs. But i get some little red like bites look on my fingers. I had two that were close together last week. And this morning i noticed a new one. Could some please tell me how long does it take to actually find more evidence than just blood? I feel like im going crazy. It's been 7 weeks exactly today and i think about it everyday my husband says that its probably nothing and it's just in my head. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

2. Help please

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 5 2017 7:13:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi! 8 weeks ago we went on holiday and stayed at our family house but because our flight home was early in the morning, we decided to stay at the hotel our final night. We didnt want to travel far to the airport with our children. So the next morning i noticed bites on my little boys arm and legs. I thought about bed bugs straight away. We got back home and the next morning i noticed noticed 3 more bites on his foor that were close together. After about 6 weeks most of them were gone but he still have marks on his foot and arm from some of them and he wasnt scratching them. 2 weeks after we got back we called the experts because i've been finding blood spots on our bed sheets. The said we havent got them. It's been 7 weeks exactly today that we're back and that's all i think about. I feel like im going crazy. Im still finding blood spots but nothing else. I know that blood spots dont mean we have got them but it's driving me crazy. Last week i noticed 2 little red like bites look on my finger that were close together. This morning i noticed a new one my husband says it's probably nothing and it's just in my head. Can some please tell me how long does it take to actually find more evidence than just blood? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 5 2017 8:41:21
    #

Login to Send PM

You should have monitors set up so they can passively collect insects, specifically bed bugs. Some go on floor, under legs of bed, sofas, backs of headboards, glue boards. These should capture many creatures that crawl about. It would help you with your visual searching.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Help please

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 5 2017 12:01:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you. We have got one and i keep moving it to a different place after few days and havent seen anything. Im thinking about getting a different company here to check if we really havent got them.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 5 2017 22:11:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I don’t think you should move monitors around like that. Leave them down and wait.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,621 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd