Bed bug bite help :(

(12 posts)
  1. Pleasehelp322

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 14:14:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Found a bed bug in August. Only one, unfed female in my dresser. Called exterminator. Couldn't find any traces. Last week had a bite very similar to this on my breast (I sleep nude). Thought it was spider bite. Today I got this. It's super tiny. I think it is bedbug but let me know your thoughts so I can confirm my doomed feeling. Sigh. I hope I uploaded right!!!

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 15:02:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Is there a chance you got the ID wrong? Seems like an odd location.
    No one can ID bites from a photo. I'm not sure why you're jumping right to bed bugs, there are plenty of logical explanations that don't involve a bed bug infestation.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  3. Pleasehelp322

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 15:21:41
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 17 minutes ago  » 
    No one can ID bites from a photo. I'm not sure why you're jumping right to bed bugs, there are plenty of logical explanations that don't involve a bed bug infestation.

Hola! I can see people don't like to respond as there is no real way to tell. It was definitely confirmed back in August to be a bedbug female. I don't know. I thought I could post since so many of the images I see are different from this bite. Thought I could get some perspective. Thanks anyway.

4. eatenbybedbugs

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 15:45:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I get bites almost daily for the past 6 months and... it looks similar. If its a fresh bite i can wven squize blood from it. Was this itchy when u discovered it. If it was then its.99% bed bug. Idk wher u live but its almost impossible to get rid of bed bufs once they infest all your stuff in house

5. Pleasehelp322

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 15:55:52
    #

Login to Send PM

eatenbybedbugs - 9 minutes ago  » 
    I get bites almost daily for the past 6 months and... it looks similar. If its a fresh bite i can wven squize blood from it. Was this itchy when u discovered it. If it was then its.99% bed bug. Idk wher u live but its almost impossible to get rid of bed bufs once they infest all your stuff in house

Not itchy at all. I just happened to notice when I looked st it.

6. Pleasehelp322

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 16:11:08
    #

Login to Send PM

eatenbybedbugs - 25 minutes ago  » 

Anyway you could attach your photos for comparison? Thank you for your input anyway!

7. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 17:11:29
    #

Login to Send PM

eatenbybedbugs - 1 hour ago  »  Was this itchy when u discovered it. If it was then its.99% bed bug.

Stop giving 'advice,' you're just confusing people with the bs you post.

8. prosper23

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 18:42:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Interesting that whatever marks that I find are tiny like that. Never found a bug but found spots I need to be ID. The ones I found and posted before was always told it wasn't fecal spots so I don't know

9. Pleasehelp322

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 21:44:14
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 4 hours ago  » 

eatenbybedbugs - 1 hour ago  »  Was this itchy when u discovered it. If it was then its.99% bed bug.

Stop giving 'advice,' you're just confusing people with the bs you post.

lol I thought he was being a bit pessimistic, but hey! This thread can be overwhelming. Maybe he's overwhelmed. I dunno.

10. Pleasehelp322

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 21:47:31
    #

Login to Send PM

prosper23 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Interesting that whatever marks that I find are tiny like that. Never found a bug but found spots I need to be ID. The ones I found and posted before was always told it wasn't fecal spots so I don't know

That's what's buggin me out! It's soooo tiny. Like a tiny spider. It's consecutive like the bed bug bite but it's very close together. I haven't found not one other trace of them either. No blood. No poop. No egg. No carcass. No live (other than August). Nothing in my sticky trap things. But I'm also not naive to think they couldn't be there. It's just strange. I'll try to keep this updated.

11. Pleasehelp322

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 22:05:39
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 1 day ago  » 

Ok! I feel like you'll give me the quickest answer here. I found this dead bug just now. It kinda looks like a bed bug but it's HUGE. I accidentally crushed it while putting it on the tape. The antennas were long too. You can kinda see them. Let me know what you think. Sigh.
    One picture is top view. Other is bottom

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 days ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 0:56:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Please copy and paste that to a new thread with a title that asks for an ID.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,596 posts in 43,507 topics over 131 months by 19,061 of 19,650 members. Latest: lexie0490, onyva, Ruth989