Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Bed Bug Bait

(5 posts)
  1. toto

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jul 27 2008 0:39:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

does anyone know of a product I could place in the middle of the bed that would attract BBs and cause them to cross the DE barrier? I really don't want to lie there and act as the bait for another couple of months...

I tried googling and could only find scientific articles and some pending patents. Anyone know of anything actually on the market?

Thanks!

2. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jul 27 2008 1:38:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Sad to say there appears to be nothing available to bait them. Creepy as it is, you are the best bait.

If some had to cross a line of DE to get to you, that should tear them up enough so they will die soon.

Be careful with DE to ensure it doesn't get disturbed and into the air. It is intended for voids.

Jim

3. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jul 27 2008 1:41:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I have read that a pig was placed in the bed during medieval times. The bed bugs were reputed to feed on the pig & retire back to their harborage for the night.

As far as I know, no one has been successful with developing an effective bait. There are some researchers that are working on bringing monitoring traps to the market, but there are none available currently.

If you don't want to place a help wanted ad on Craigslist, you might want to check out the FAQs on how to isolate your bed. If you successfully isolate your bed, you will serve as bait without being bitten.

4. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jul 27 2008 1:50:28
    #

Login to Send PM

"I have read that a pig was placed in the bed during medieval times."

Eeeeeewwwwwwww! That is an image I didn't need Doug.

Makes sense but can't imagine using the bed after.

Jim

5. Bites44

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jul 27 2008 11:46:20
    #

Login to Send PM

A pig? hahahaha

Thanks for the laugh! I think a lot of us could use more of that.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.