Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

BBs since August, still can't get rid of them. Help!

(25 posts)
  1. fed-up-mama

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jan 2 2017 22:29:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, new member here. Glad I found a community of people as fed up as me with bed bugs!

So here's my story: we moved into a qudraplex at the beginning of June. In August, we were told by maintenance that we would be getting inspected for BBs, as one of the people in our quad had them. I had noticed an itchy patch on my thigh, but I have a lot of skin allergies so I chalked it up to that, though it was strange-looking, like bug bites in an "S" shape. I thought maybe scabies at first, but I've had those before and it wasn't anything like what I experienced with that. Anyway, PCO came and found a couple in the bedroom and some behind the couch (where I sleep as upstairs it's too hot plus husband snores). I also got to see the "evidence" on a body pillow under the bed upstairs. As it turns out, the people with the BBs were one of our next-door neighbors, and they had them really bad and tried to treat them themselves, which scattered them to our place.

So we got treated the next week and I stopped worrying. They came back two weeks later and didn't find anything. Not long after that, we found one crawling on the wall. So PCO came back and re-treated, though he didn't find anything again except for a few dead ones in the monitors. Again, I started to feel better. Then a few weeks after that, we found one crawling up the wall in the living room above the couch. UGH. Not again. They came back to treat, again, and found some upstairs in the drawer on our bedframe, but nothing else. Rinse repeat two more times, though they didn't find a damn thing except for dead ones under the bed and in the monitors.

The last time they came to treat, which was about 2-3 weeks ago as when my husband was home he caught one crawling toward him in the bed, I had just come home with a newborn baby, and we are staying downstairs (she is in a bassinet) as my toddler has the other bedroom and no one is currently in our bedroom as my husband travels for work. My guess is they made their merry way down to me when he left. Which is unfortunate as the PCO didn't feel comfortable treating in here with a newborn so he just inspected the couch and behind it and found nothing.

Fast-forward to now. The past two weeks or so, I've been getting bit like crazy. My legs are covered in bites. Funny enough I never have had such a severe reaction to BB bites til now, my guess is pregnancy hormones may have lessened that before. Luckily I've seen nothing on my newborn baby and my toddler doesn't seem to be getting bit (they checked and treated her room though, and have every time...never found a thing in there). They are the classic "linear" bites. I've gotten a couple on my arms as well. In fact, I feel like I'm itching all over like all the time right now.

Now one of the PCOs that came to treat "accidentally" left their Phantom here and told me to USE IT. Another PCO who saw the phantom encouraged that as well. So I sprayed the cracks and crevices in the couch and behind the couch underneath the baseboard. Still getting bit, and that was when I first started to notice bites a couple weeks ago that I started spraying.

Where the heck are these BBs coming from? I see next to no evidence, though I did see a fecal stain on an unused baby rocker beside the couch. I promptly washed it and dried it, also sprayed a little over in the area as there is a large picture that we haven't put up with a bookcase behind it; I sprayed the crevices in the picture frame and still, I am getting eaten up. My newest theory is that they are in the piano which is next to the couch opposite the side where the rocker with the stain sits. I have no idea how I'd even go about checking in there though.

I know our landlords are sick of having people come out here, so I've been trying to hunt them down myself, researching like crazy so now I know way more than I ever wanted to about BBs and how to get rid of them. I've been trying to "think like a bedbug" to figure out where they could be coming from and every time I think of a place, I check and see nothing.

What else can I possibly do? I feel it's only a matter of time before they go for my newborn baby and the thought of that makes me sick to my stomach; I'd rather they feast on me all day than touch her.

Also should note that the PCOs used steam, phantom, and DE powder. Also we never had a heavy infestation, which I've been told light infestations are much harder to treat.

2. FayeState

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Jan 3 2017 0:35:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I am so sorry you're dealing with this. I have read that with chemical treatments, a second treatment is normally done about two weeks later since the chemicals only kill insects, not their eggs which hatch within a couple weeks. Might that be the problem? If so, may want to discuss with PCO. I am not an expert, and am just telling you what I've read.

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Jan 3 2017 8:36:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry to hear what you're going through. STOP spray poison in your house! Especially with little ones - chemical application is not a hobby and bed bug treatments should be done by professionals.

That being said - sounds like you need to "stop thinking like the bug" and start thinking like an "angry & informed" tenant. Put the pressure on building management. They need a new exterminator! He's failing! Also - inspections need to be extended further out to all adjoining apartments.

Also - don't assume others aren't getting bitten inside the home. Roughly 30% of people don't react to bites.

As for your exterminator not "finding evidence" in specific areas of the home. That means nothing! Bugs have legs and they can move to said areas minutes after they are checked. If your exterminator can't kill bed bugs successfully, chances are he can't find them while searching either.

Demand better service and put weight on management to do better as well.

Good luck!

4. Livingagain

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Jan 3 2017 9:51:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, you could research Cimexa and ask your PCO if you can use it after the spray dries. If the spray isn't working, the bugs may be resistant.

With Cimexa you just spread it very lightly with a paintbrush around bed legs, on box springs around furniture legs, around baseboards and in cracks and crevices in couches. You should read this study about where they used it, it seems to be the most effective thing out there currently. http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/ and if you puff it between walls and on baseboards it may prevent bugs from coming from your neighbor's house. Wear a mask when you apply and stay out of the room for a 4-5 hours after putting down.

5. fed-up-mama

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Jan 3 2017 10:51:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone thanks for the responses. They have treated all adjoining homes as well as followed up with them a few times. Never found anything in them other than the first time where they found the heavy infestation next door and the ones in our place; ever since, none of the neighbors are complaining of BBs or bites, and the PCO has found nothing.

I've had different people from the same exterminator company out here, three different guys to be exact. Only one of them I didn't think was good but he was only out here once for one of the follow-ups.

I know I need to be talking to my landlord (again), but I am so tired of having to do so as they are baffled by us not being able to get rid of them; they say one treatment usually knocks them out. :/ They also told us to get rid of the clutter we have (our bedroom has a few boxes in it, things I can't lift and my lazy husband won't do anything about when he's home). So there's a problem there. Downstairs though, there's no clutter. I just wish I could find where they are hiding. I'm afraid they are in the carpet. We've ruled out the walls as one of the guys treated under all the baseboards with DE. We have vacuumed too and emptied the vacuum and still no resolution. I just don't understand where they could be. If I could hire a new PCO myself, I would, but we can't afford it at all.

I don't like using the chemical, killer queen, especially not with kids, but the pros use it too so I don't know what other options there are besides steam, and you can't steam every area of the house. Even DE carries risks to lungs, and I would really worry about that with a newborn (DE hasn't been used since before she was born). I'd also worry about using Cimexa with kids, barelyliving. I feel backed into a corner with this crap...it's infuriating.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Jan 3 2017 11:11:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi fed-up-mama,

Please have a look at the work we do with Passive Monitors and the TbyPMR protocol, it's a chemical-free way to help deal with light infestations efficiently by corraling any bed bugs into a removable harbourage.

So long as you use the correct PPE when applying the correct forms of DE and cimexa used int he correct quantities are as safe as you are going to get because they have physical modes of action against bed bugs rather than metabolic modes of action.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  7. fed-up-mama

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Jan 3 2017 13:43:48
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi fed-up-mama,
    Please have a look at the work we do with Passive Monitors and the TbyPMR protocol, it's a chemical-free way to help deal with light infestations efficiently by corraling any bed bugs into a removable harbourage.
    So long as you use the correct PPE when applying the correct forms of DE and cimexa used int he correct quantities are as safe as you are going to get because they have physical modes of action against bed bugs rather than metabolic modes of action.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Can you tell me some more about this product (the monitors)? I'm willing to try anything at this point.

I guess I'm more about my baby inhaling the DE and Cimexa. My lungs can take it, not sure about the lungs of a one-month-old and a year and a half year old!

8. fed-up-mama

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jan 4 2017 19:05:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you David, I will be checking those out. Just read some about them in another post.

Update: I am being bitten all over now. I have bites in places not usually exposed while sleeping, so I assume they are climbing up my pajamas as they are loose-fitting on the legs. Also I am up feeding a newborn every 3-4 hours so my movement is probably causing more bites. I also noticed two bites under my oldest child's eye this morning. I checked her bed frame though and I haven't seen anything. Nothing on the sheet either. We (my mom and I) just did a massive overhaul in her bedroom two days ago though so I'm sure something got stirred up in there.

I moved the monitors downstairs that were left by the first PCO. They are under the couch now. I will be checking them after my oldest is down for the night, around 7pm. Haven't sprayed anymore Phantom for awhile now. I suspect it either isn't working, or it is only working on a small population of the bugs.

I also had my husband tell me that his friend attracted the bugs to a trap of bleach in a cottage cheese container lined with Saran Wrap by using a sugar and/or salt paste around the edge. I thought they were attracted to CO2 so I'm not putting much stock into that. He swears it works though. I'm more akin to using David's monitors and the method I saw outlined in another post. Will keep this updated as things happen.

9. CleaningToDeath

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jan 4 2017 20:03:24
    #

Login to Send PM

You had mentioned you sleep on a sofa. Where most your bites are. In trying to save mine, which I did steam and treat, I see would see an occasional one, for some reason I thought I had 4 legs on the sofa, it was 5 and no interceptor there. Steamed again, we flipped it upside down, and were along the staples of the dust cover, which we pulled off and steamed and treated that area.

I know you are not a fan of chemicals or Cimexa, put just throwing out an idea of possible other places to look. Other areas on my sofa found, was the crevices where the sides meet, and I had some crevices on the front as it has rolled arms with nailheads, weren't around the nailheads. Had never found them on the cushions themselves, or zipper or in between the pillow backs. I guess too much disturbance from people sitting on the sofa, that they wanted to stay close, but be less jostling around and undisturbed.

10. fed-up-mama

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jan 4 2017 21:04:46
    #

Login to Send PM

CleaningToDeath - 53 minutes ago  » 
    You had mentioned you sleep on a sofa. Where most your bites are. In trying to save mine, which I did steam and treat, I see would see an occasional one, for some reason I thought I had 4 legs on the sofa, it was 5 and no interceptor there. Steamed again, we flipped it upside down, and were along the staples of the dust cover, which we pulled off and steamed and treated that area.
    I know you are not a fan of chemicals or Cimexa, put just throwing out an idea of possible other places to look. Other areas on my sofa found, was the crevices where the sides meet, and I had some crevices on the front as it has rolled arms with nailheads, weren't around the nailheads. Had never found them on the cushions themselves, or zipper or in between the pillow backs. I guess too much disturbance from people sitting on the sofa, that they wanted to stay close, but be less jostling around and undisturbed.

The whole couch has been treated a few times, with steam and chemicals, but it's been a long time on the steam. I've treated all the cracks and crevices with Phantom except for the bottom of the couch, along where the staples are. I actually thought about that today and turned the couch over to inspect, but haven't treated it yet.

My biggest fear right now is that they are in our piano, which I can't just take apart and treat...pianos have lots of big, heavy parts, and I would have no idea how to fix something in it if I broke it. Plus, if it is indeed infested, then we may just have to get rid of it, which is sad because my husband got it for me only a few short months ago. But there are so many dark places in which the bugs could hide that it wouldn't surprise me if they were using it as a harbourage. My other thought is the bookcase, which is behind a couple of big wall pictures that we haven't put up yet (well, I would if I could but I can't lift them and my husband is so lazy...think I mentioned that part already -_-;). I also think it's possible they are behind the pictures, which have a layer of some kind of paper stapled to the back, a dust protector I guess, like the couch has on the bottom. I'd rather they be there than in the piano...much easier to treat the bookcase and/or pictures than it would be the piano.

I just took a look at David's monitors. The prices aren't bad but not sure what they would be in US dollars. I assume not too much more. But they are quite affordable and we are poor so they would be great for relocating the piano bugs (if that is indeed where they are), and all the other stupid bugs we are dealing with.

I will say this a million times...I wish I could just find them! UGH!!!!

11. fed-up-mama

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 5 2017 15:47:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, my newborn officially has a bite on her face today, and I found a dead one on a towel in the dryer.

If this wasn't war before, I'm declarin WWIII on these things. You can eat me up but DON'T TOUCH MY KIDS!!! Ugh.

I just texted one of the guys who treated here before (he gave me his work number at the beginning of this mess and we've been on and off in contact). Hopefully he can give me some answers, or maybe we can get it set up that he can get out here (he's the best and more thorough one of all the guys who have been out here). Luckily this company doesn't charge for retreats.

12. fed-up-mama

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 14:53:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Still dealing with this...my legs are getting eaten up. The itchiness gets really bad sometimes. But I'm also itching in other places that are completely covered while sleeping so not sure what to think about that part.

13. Livingagain

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 16:39:51
    #

Login to Send PM

If you can put a light coating of Cimexa where they have to cross it to get to the beds or couch and then clear the beds with a vacuum, steam, and or Cimexa in the cracks and crevices you don't have to go crazy with it everywhere. In the studies the bugs only had to cross a 1 inch fabric patch coated with it to have 100% mortality. I personally would try the Cimexa before repeating Phantom, over and over and over.

14. fed-up-mama

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 21:32:09
    #

Login to Send PM

barelyliving - 4 hours ago  » 
    If you can put a light coating of Cimexa where they have to cross it to get to the beds or couch and then clear the beds with a vacuum, steam, and or Cimexa in the cracks and crevices you don't have to go crazy with it everywhere. In the studies the bugs only had to cross a 1 inch fabric patch coated with it to have 100% mortality. I personally would try the Cimexa before repeating Phantom, over and over and over.

I keep hearing about Cimexa so I think I'm gonna try it. How much is it? Is it safe to use around children? I have a 1 month old and an 18 month old and we are all pretty much always in the living room where the bulk of the problem is.

I haven't caught anything in the interceptors (just there for monitoring purposes, they aren't being used to isolate the sofa).

I wonder if they are just so deep inside the couch my treatments aren't working on them. But then again, they'd have to cross the Phantom to get to me. Still wondering if they are inside the piano.

15. fed-up-mama

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 21:34:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I should add that when I get up with the baby, I check for bugs on and around the couch with a flashlight app. Haven't seen a single thing! I'm baffled.

16. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 23:00:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you put interceptor traps on the piano? I've seen lots of videos with bed bugs in pictures and bookcases and books. Was the bookcase treated with sprays? Where does the baby sleep? Can you isolate her bed using interceptors? (And thoroughly clean the bed now, of course.) You are being bitten a lot now compared to before, so the problem is growing... if it was me, that couch would be in the dumpster and replaced with a new one with interceptor traps and cimexa in the crevices.

Account closed
  17. fed-up-mama

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 23:32:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Poiqm - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Can you put interceptor traps on the piano? I've seen lots of videos with bed bugs in pictures and bookcases and books. Was the bookcase treated with sprays? Where does the baby sleep? Can you isolate her bed using interceptors? (And thoroughly clean the bed now, of course.) You are being bitten a lot now compared to before, so the problem is growing... if it was me, that couch would be in the dumpster and replaced with a new one with interceptor traps and cimexa in the crevices.

I could put them beside the piano. The bookcase wasn't treated, no; it is currently behind two large pictures we haven't hung yet. I treated in the area a month ago and no change. It is possible I wasn't thorough enough, but the Phantom doesn't seem to be killing these things at the moment.

The baby sleeps in the living room in a pack n play in bassinet mode. I haven't seen anything else on her at all. I thought about isolating her bed but I'd need to use the interceptors I have monitoring under the couch. They haven't caught anything there anyway so maybe tomorrow I'll see if it is possible to do that.

If I could afford to toss the couch and get a new one, believe me, I'd have done it months ago. Same goes for the bed.

I just feel like with as much as I am up during the night, I'd see something on me, the couch, the baby, or her bed. But I haven't.

I do think some of the itching is in my head though too. I get crawling sensations and I feel little stings/phantom bites. The stuff on my arms and legs though is definitely BB bites, no question. I can't imagine anything else would cause them, unless a possible skin allergy to the Phantom, but I highly doubt that's the case.

18. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 5:06:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I could put them beside the piano.

The piano legs needs to be in the traps to catch the bugs that crawl down the piano legs. If that is where they are coming from then the traps will catch them.

Like in this picture...
    https://www.amazon.com/Bed-Bug-Interceptor-Monitor-Trap/dp/B01N676NRW

19. Livingagain

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 8:28:13
    #

Login to Send PM

It would be easier to put Cimexa around legs of anything that you have questions about, because the bugs have to leave to eat and they will cross the Cimexa and die.

Cimexa is approved for preschools, so the government thinks it's safe. Just wear a mask for application and keep the baby out of rooms where it's applied for a few hours so it can settle. You can also apply on sides and under couch cushions and deep inside the couches. Focus on seams and tufts. Good luck!

20. fed-up-mama

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 11:30:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Poqim, I don't know that it will work that way with my particular piano, which is why I said I could put them beside it. Plus, I can't lift it up anyway and my husband is a truck driver so he's not home to help. I'm thinking I need to get a passive monitor for the piano and see what happens. If that is where they are, it will relocate them into the monitor.

Thanks, barelyliving, I'll look into that for sure then. Is it an immediate kill or does it take a week or two like DE and residuals?

21. Livingagain

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 12:32:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I forget, I think it's supposed to be 24-48 hrs. But it's definitely supposed to be faster than DE.

You can learn a bit about applying the dust from the study that showed that it was effective http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/ They applied with paintbrushes and focused on tufts and seams. Other places mention going around legs of furniture, which seems very important to me, because a walking bug would cross that. If you have hardwood floors you may need to cut up little squares of a rug to go under furniture legs. You need to think of all the places a bug would cross to get at you and dust them.

If you do end up using the Cimexa, be sure to update us about how it's going. People like to hear what works in the real world.

22. NastyBugs200

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 13:09:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not a professional or anything, but did order some Transport Insecticide
    I absolutly love this stuff. I spray our box springs every treatment, baseboards, and underneath our couch. I don't spray it where you can have skin on skin contact with it, but I posted about having a bed bug mattress protector on my daughters bed that ended up getting a hole. Needless to say when I found them in her bed the few that has escaped where all dead. Not even a single live one. I have also put DE between the mattress and box springs as well after treatment. So if you couch cushions come off of your couch wash the cushions, do a treatment, on entire couch, let dry, then spread some of the DE powder or the cimexa dust. That's what I would do if I was you. Then do a treatment with the insecticide in entire house, even closets. Wash all clothing, bag everything up. It's a process, but the only way you can battle these little blood suckers. Then do a treatment 2 weeks after that.

23. fed-up-mama

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Jan 17 2017 16:28:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the info, Barelyliving. Will be looking more into the Cimexa.

Well an update from me, I haven't had any new bites for about a week now. Almost 2 weeks ago now, I sprayed the bottom of the couch (along the edges and around the legs) with Phantom. Could it be working now? Still probably gonna use Cimexa too as I'm sure the problem isn't all gone.

24. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Jan 17 2017 16:53:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Unless you are sleeping on top of the piano it is highly unlikely to have an issue. The piano stool is more likely to have an issue because of its use as a seat.

The way to use desiccants is in minimal quantities and Cimexa is applied at levels which are "smoke like" and can be slow to settle. This means children out of the location while the work is being done and left out for a few hours. While Cimexa is not available in the UK I am more than aware of what it actually is and have done some controlled studies with it in recent years.

However, like many of the other things you will hopefully have read that I have written including the TbyPMR protocol the combination of attention to detail cleaning, logical item processing and harbourage relocation can resolve even advanced bed bug infestations without the need for a desiccant.

There are however, situations where a desiccant can be a useful tool when used correctly and when needed.

However, you also need to establish the overall infestation dynamics and see if you are "swapping" infestations with neighbours or if its more of a sign that the commonalities in your lives and the neighbours lives brings you both into regular contact with sources of bed bugs. After all this is what actually matters in the long run.

Hope that helps.

David

25. fed-up-mama

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jan 18 2017 12:17:34
    #

Login to Send PM

David, thank you for taking the time to read and reply. I do need to declutter a lot of areas in the bedroom, though there is no one using it at the moment that's where the main infestation was so there may still be some in there that haven't found me or the kids yet. I'd like to understand more about how to do so while using your TbyPMR method to eliminate any weird hiding places these bugs are in, whether it is in the main bedroom, my toddler's room or the living room. I will say our toddler's room is very clean and decluttered. The living room isn't so much cluttered, just a lot of things down here. The bedroom is where the main clutter is. I have been trying to get my husband to help me move things around in there while he is home but he just doesn't do it...and there are things in there I can't move on my own. :/

I am in the US so about how much would I be paying for the passive monitors? I definitely want to set one or two up on the couch because I'm almost positive they are deep inside there. My bites have significantly decreased over the past week so I'm thinking I wiped some out with the chemical but I don't want to continue spraying it with the kids around. If I wiped the numbers down enough, will your monitors be enough to relocate them and take care of the problem, if it is indeed a light infestation like I am thinking it is? If not I will use Cimexa, and I appreciate you telling me the correct way to use it. Thank you for that.

The neighbor issue is what started this whole thing. They have been treated and reinspected a few times and aside from the initial inspection and treatment, they have been bug free to the best of my knowledge. The people on the other side of us are a little reclusive though and they kicked out the PCO one time and wouldn't let them in one of the rooms. However when I brought this to the attention of the landlord, they promptly took care of that issue and I'm assuming no bugs were found there, and if so they were treated. Though that guarantees nothing, I know. And I know I can only control my side of this whole mess so if the neighbors don't cooperate, then that screws me over too. Fortunately we are planning on moving cross-country when our lease ends at the end of May and getting rid of most of our furniture (not BB related why we are getting rid of it, but it will help with us with not bringing along any hitch hikers) so we can hopefully leave this problem behind.

I would like a full recovery from this situation, but if I can at the very least keep it manageable til we move, I'll take it. Though like I said, I'd prefer to be rid of these mfers 100% before then. Hell, I was saying if they weren't gone for the new baby, I was terminating my lease. But here we are, still here and unable to move yet. So the battle continues.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

257,195 posts in 41,256 topics over 125 months by 18,080 of 18,499 members. Latest: Mendace, astephe2, Cmarie32