BB repellent lotion?

(5 posts)
  1. sluggums

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Nov 12 2010 11:08:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Read this today:

http://fashionista.com/2010/11/will-this-lotion-keep-away-bedbugs-forever/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+fashionistacom+%28Fashionista%29

I wonder if you used this after treatment, if you could still be bait and attract them to walk over the poison, but not be bitten when they got to you? Must have some magic in it for $40. a bottle. If it's a real repellent, I'd gladly pay 3 times that much! Any chemists or entomologists want to weigh in on the ingredients, which are listed?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Nov 12 2010 15:26:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sorry this is yet another example of absolute snake oil.

The only effect it will have is to lighten your pocket.

Bedbugs hunt via CO2 and heat as primary lures and simply don't target people by smell. Its why insect repellants will also not work with bedbugs.

This approach is counter indicative to good treatment strategies and is covered by the FAQ's on this site.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Open minds find faster solutions"

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"
  3. nycyn

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Nov 12 2010 18:49:24
    #

Login to Send PM

How about putting bb's around yourself and torture them and wipe the alleged alarm pheromone all over yourself?

I read somewhere a dead roach deters roaches. A ground up dead bb talc?

Gawd I'm brilliant.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Nov 12 2010 19:39:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Ahh that is the draw back with highly aromatic organic compounds they have a very short shelf life in normal atmospheric conditions and your carrier would been to be a synthetic polymer rather than a mineral to avoid absorption.

Given taht there are a few cases of nausia reported from some of the lure slides I am not sure if this one will get past the FDA without a fight.

Good luck in your venture.

David

5. this means war

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Nov 13 2010 9:56:07
    #

Login to Send PM

sluggums - 22 hours ago  » 
    Read this today:
    http://fashionista.com/2010/11/will-this-lotion-keep-away-bedbugs-forever/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+fashionistacom+%28Fashionista%29
    I wonder if you used this after treatment, if you could still be bait and attract them to walk over the poison, but not be bitten when they got to you? Must have some magic in it for $40. a bottle. If it's a real repellent, I'd gladly pay 3 times that much! Any chemists or entomologists want to weigh in on the ingredients, which are listed?

Ingredients:

aged unicorn farts
    lollipops
    heroin

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.