(26 posts)
  1. Fromfrance

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Fri Jan 12 2018 19:34:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

To start I am sorry because I uses a translator because I do not speak English.

I specified that I resided in France.
    I have moved into a new apartment. After 2 week I found BB.
    In this apartments we slept only in two rooms. The third was not used. A CPO is spent for a treatment that is almost a month. We had no more bite.

I wanted to move my son in the House which had never been used but which has when even had a treatment.

When I pulled a box that was hiding a little the wall, to install the House, I found a BB living and then a second. The cpo has told me that the BB was not living in the rooms or there is person. There was a lot of manure in this House. And I found a nest with a lot of BB death near a heating pipe which goes up and down among the neighbors. The cpo think the BB come from the top down or from the bottom up.
    He told me to plug the holes with silicone.
    We are going to launch a second treatment. But the problem is that I could not benefit from the guarantee of 6 months because for him the BB does not come from me. I understand that.

A month ago the neighbor's top we said that there had never been a BB in the building. Yet all the time I am returned the see and it has admitted that yes there had been BB years ago. And the neighbor to the bottom has confirmed this to me.

I would like to know if it is normal to have BB in an empty chamber filled of manure?
    Do you think that they can come from the top down or from the bottom up?

I specifies that in France we are not dealing systematically throughout the building.

I hope that with the translator you will understand my message.

I am asking my questions on this forum because in France we do not know enough about this problem.

Thank you

2. thirdusername

Posted 8 months ago
    Fri Jan 12 2018 23:55:23
    #

Login to Send PM

The transition is mostly clear.

I don't understand this part:
    "I wanted to move my son in the House which had never been used but which has when even had a treatment.

When I pulled a box that was hiding a little the wall, to install the House".

I also don't understand this:
    "I would like to know if it is normal to have BB in an empty chamber filled of manure?".

Yes, bed bugs can move between units via ducts.
    Are there any landlord-tenant laws in France that deal with bed bugs?

I think there are people on here who speak French.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. Fromfrance

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Sat Jan 13 2018 1:15:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

The translator has badly translated.

I changed my son of bedroom to put in the bedroom which was not used. And moving some subject present in the room which was empty I discovered of BB alive with a lot of shit of BB some of which presents meadows of the heating pipes going up and down. I make it clear that nobody was sleeping in this bedroom !

Unfortunately we have no law that can force a owner has to make a treatment. They are going to discuss at a meeting but this will surely be refused.
    I am thinking to relocate but I am terrified has the idea of taking BB with me.

Do you think that the fact of fill the spaces between the wall and the pipe may prevent the BB to come?

4. Fromfrance

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Sat Jan 13 2018 1:25:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Owner=landlord

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 2:07:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert. Sealing entries between units can help prevent the spread, but if bed bugs are coming from neighbors, they really need professional treatment.

Another possible problem: it may be that the problem persisted within your apartment. It depends on the type of treatment of course, but a single spray/dust treatment often is not enough. Follow up inspection and re-treatment (if necessary) should happen sooner— 2 week’s is typical. Waiting longer gives surviving bed bugs more time to multiply.

I apologize that my French is not good enough to say all of this.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. thirdusername

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 2:10:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know if sealing around the pipes will stop bed bugs from moving but it might.
    I would rely on what the PCO says.

7. Flybee

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 4:12:24
    #

Login to Send PM

D'où est-ce que vous êtes ? Je suis en région parisienne (au sud).

8. Fromfrance

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 4:28:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you very much for your replies which are very clear.

The owner assures me that there was no BB. I want to believe. And given that there has been in the past in the building that would not surprise me that they are in the walls.

Monday someone will come fill the holes. Then I will monitor each night. And if I found only one, the OSP returns immediately.

But just imagine having to put everything in the bag, I feel like crying...

In the case or I arrive to confirm that it is in the building, how to move?

Then I put my furniture in a truck and ask a PCO to treat? Does it work?

I can not just throw everything...

9. Fromfrance

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 4:29:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Flybee je suis a Lyon.

10. Fromfrance

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 4:31:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Flybee - 18 minutes ago  » 
    D'où est-ce que vous êtes ? Je suis en région parisienne (au sud).

Flybee vous avez eu des punaises ?

11. Flybee

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 6:38:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Oui on en a actuellement. Est-ce que c'est possible de continuer la conversation par message privé ?

12. Fromfrance

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 9:21:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Flybee - 2 hours ago  » 
    Oui on en a actuellement. Est-ce que c'est possible de continuer la conversation par message privé ?

Bien sur contactez moi en privé. Précisez juste si vous voulez continuer la conversation en Français ou si vous voulez que j'utilise un traducteur.

13. Flybee

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 10:14:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Non on peut continuer la conversation en français, je suis française aussi. Je vous ai envoyé un MP; Est-ce que vous l'avez eu ?

14. Fromfrance

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 10:57:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Je vous ai repondu

15. tripturnedintoanightmare

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 12:31:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi From France, I'm French too and I've had bedbugs. I got rid of them by moving and throwing away everything I owned because most of the PCOs here are not knowledgeable about bedbugs and we get no help from landlords. Vikane didn't exist neither where I live. I'm in the south, I hope you can find better PCOs where you live. If you have questions or need help you can PM me in French. The only great help I got was from a canine company, I can give you the number if you want to. Bon courage et bonne chance

16. Flybee

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 15:14:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok super. Je ne sais pas si on peut avoir une conversation à trois. Je regarde ça.

17. Fromfrance

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 16:41:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Ah lol encore quelqu'un de France.

Je me demande si il ne faudrait pas ouvrir un forum français car on ne trouve quasiment rien.

Alors moi pour ma part mon pco est plutôt bien. Je peux l'appeler n'importe quand et il réponds tout le temps.

Le seul souci c'est qu'il ne propose qu'un seul traitement puis attendre 5 semaines et si toujours présence de BB dans ce cas on recommence un traitement.

Par contre il est très a cheval sur la préparation avant le traitement. Je dois vraiment tout emballer. Tout laver.... Mais sinon il est très a l'écoute.

Je dois encore attendre la fin de semaine et si toujours BB on retraite la semaine prochaine. Avec un risque de récidive car apparemment c'est le batiment qui touché. Je suis dégoutée.

18. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 17:24:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Flybee:
    I hope you can give us a synopsis of the discussion you've been having with Fromfrance. I had french in school for many years, but I'm a bit rusty.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  19. Flybee

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Jan 15 2018 2:54:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry Loubugs. To sum up, I first asked FromFrance if we could discuss in French via private messages. FromFrance says that her PCO is very cooperative but he offers only one treatment to begin, then he asks to wait for 5 weeks and to treat the place again if there are bedbugs left. The PCO is very cautious about the prep (washing clothes, wrapping up everything,...). But as the whole building is infested, there are chances that FromFrance's flat gets re-infested.

20. Flybee

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Jan 15 2018 4:57:05
    #

Login to Send PM

tripturnedintoanightmare, I sent you a PM, did you get it ? I would like to know which canine company helped you ?

21. tripturnedintoanightmare

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Jan 15 2018 8:52:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Flybee, I just answered your PM. The canine company that helped me go through this is called ECO-FLAIR, they're based in Toulouse but work around the country ans also abroad (in Switzerland for example). I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give the name on the forum...Nobugsonme will earse my message I guess if I'm not allowed to give their name.

22. Fromfrance

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Jan 15 2018 12:51:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Merci flybee d'avoir expliqué a Loubugs. Peux tu juste lui demander si le fait de boucher les petits espaces entre les tuyaux et les murs et aussi boucher les aérations peux empêcher les punaises de venir chez moi ?

Je t'en serai infiniment reconnaissante.

23. Flybee

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Jan 15 2018 14:41:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Fromfrance asks if it would prevent bed bugs from entering her flat if she seals all cracks and spaces around pipes ? Also would it be wise to clog air vents ?

24. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Jan 15 2018 15:41:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Flybee - 57 minutes ago  » 
    Fromfrance asks if it would prevent bed bugs from entering her flat if she seals all cracks and spaces around pipes ? Also would it be wise to clog air vents ?

Best to seal cracks and spaces around pipes. Air vents are best to leave alone. You could put a fine screen or nylon over it to see if any bugs are in there and will be on the screen or nylon. Could also put tape in a vent to see if anything gets caught on it. Could also enter from around the front door if any bed bugs are in the hall.

25. Flybee

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Jan 15 2018 15:54:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you Loubugs. I translate : c'est mieux de boucher les crevasses et les trous autour des tuyaux. Il vaut mieux ne pas boucher les aérations, par contre tu peux mettre un écran fin ou un voile de nylon type collant ou bas dessus pour voir si des punaises y sont. Tu peux aussi mettre du scotch dans une aeration pour voir si des punaises s'y collent. Elles peuvent aussi entrer par le pourtour de la porte d'entrée si des punaises sont dans le couloir.

26. Fromfrance

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Jan 15 2018 16:37:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Merci a tous pour vos reponses !

Merci flybee !

Thank you very much Loubugs !

L'idée du nylon sur les aération est excellente !

Pour les BB dans le hall, effectivement la je ne pourrais pas contrôler. Tans pis.

Je n'ai pas revu de BB depuis lundi dernier et aucune piqure pour le moment. Je reviendrai donner des nouvelles si je revois des punaises ou si je me fais mordre. Et bien sur si je n'en ai plus je reviendrai aussi.

Flybee on reste en contact via mail.

Encore une fois merci.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,474 posts in 46,340 topics over 141 months by 20,423 of 21,263 members. Latest: Chronic, Irina0210, Nosleep247