BB ID please [a: adult female bed bug]

(8 posts)
  1. MsBedbughater

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Jan 8 2018 7:15:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Because of past post I've seen in this wonderful forum, I'm almost certain the bug i have captured is in fact a Bed Bug. I would just like to know if it can seen as male/female and what cycle it's in.

https://flic.kr/p/DDaGtg

Hope the image works. I've tried a few tests.

A little backstory. My mom lived in a multi unit apt building (17 floors) that had repeated issues with BBs. She had her issues resolved prior to having enoigh and moving. She had been living in her current 8 person unit for 2.5 years. No issues with BBs since living here.

My daughter comes to her home after school and for convenience, most nights we stay here during the week. Well, my daughter's father is a maintenance guy for a 4 floor (about 60 unit) complex. He recently (back in October) made me aware that they had a BB situation. I kept my daughter away while wlhebworked on getting the apartment treated. UNFORTUNATELY i did not proactively clear any bags that she had beought from her dads.

Back in november i had 2 small bumps on my back. I tend to have allerfic reactions tjat turn to hives, so i thought thats what it was. Took some allergy meds and went about my life. Then when they got bigger....mosquito like....i got worried. I started searching my mom's couch, where i sleep when I'm at her house ans saw nothing. For 2 weeks i had no bumps. Then another set came mid december. And anotjrr on Christmas eve. Everytime i checked the couch coushioms, the pillows, etc...saw nothing. At this point i freak and tell my mom i think we had a hitchhiker. She asked if i had seen anything....i hadn't. Nothing that looked like skins/fecal nothing.

Thursday morning (1/5) i woke middle of the night with bites on my hands. Went to bed in a hoodie and long pants. This morning i immediately startle in my sleep and feel more bumps. And sure enough some on my (uncovered) arms. I get up go to the bathroom to have a look, come back to the living room and i FINALLY SEE ONE crawling on the couch. And because i know of the awesome info a pic can score here....i immediately get a baggie to nab the sucker.

Question, based on the pic, can this be a lone wolf and nust one hitcher or is the feeding pattern too much for just 1 bug.?

Are there any resources someone can point me to about tenant/landlord laws for treating? Her landlady is pretty handson and my mom fully disclosed her previous issue with BBs prior to moving in. I just dont want my mom evicted when she tells the landlady. Hopefully i can get familiar with what the laws are in our state and be premptive. Tomorrow i plan to assist my mom with washing somethings and heat treating them in the dryer. Im just concernwd that the bugs will move from the couch ro my daughter's and/or mom's bedrooms.

Thanks for any and all advice!

2. F. Pazos

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Jan 8 2018 23:36:03
    #

Login to Send PM

It could be a lone wolf... or not, the best would be to do a thorough inspection and see.
    About legal, sorry I don't know about law in US

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  3. MsBedbughater

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 0:05:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Ugh. My apologies for all the typos. I am still looking for fecal and skins and i see nothing. I guess we'll see depending on how this night goes. We got one room of laundry donr (mom has a ton of clothes).

4. thirdusername

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 0:40:33
    #

Login to Send PM

What is the state?

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  5. thirdusername

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 0:47:20
    #

Login to Send PM

The pic is kind of dark.
    I'd just be guessing.
    Lou can probably tell.i think it's really hard to tell gender.

6. MsBedbughater

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 1:13:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Wisconsin

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 6:04:46
    #

Login to Send PM

thirdusername - 5 hours ago  » 
    The pic is kind of dark.
    I'd just be guessing.
    Lou can probably tell.i think it's really hard to tell gender.

Adult female.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  8. MsBedbughater

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jan 9 2018 9:08:37
    #

Login to Send PM

That's what i was afraid of. Thanks for the info.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,362 posts in 44,495 topics over 135 months by 19,509 of 20,188 members. Latest: Fighterme, DrayaF, Chakka