Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

BB heat treatment in Brooklyn recommendations, PLEASE!!!

(4 posts)
  1. ManicInBK

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 30 2011 14:40:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this topic has been covered, but: Can someone recommend thermal remediation PCOs or service providers for Brooklyn or the in New York City area? We've been battling what we think is a minor infestation, but it's been two months long and we're tired and I'm all about out of tears. We brought the pests to this apartment from our old apartment when we moved in early November, we've now realized. [big, weighted sigh here]

A little background: We've had experiences with canines from M+M Pest Control, but the handler did the inspection way too fast in our new apartment, and only had a positive hit on the bedside table, which was not the only thing in the bedroom that had bed bugs. It took a human inspection from another company to point out eggs in the box spring, a week later.

We've had insecticide spray three times by a PCO, but I'm still getting bitten. For the record, the spray was a combination of Gentrol IGR, Exciter, and Suspend SC. I believe Gentrol is supposed to keep the pests from reproducing, but I'm wondering if the spray just missed a critical area? Supposedly it keeps working, for weeks, and "penetrate deeply" into walls. Any thoughts on this? I'm wondering if it just takes awhile for it to work, and I just have to wait out a life cycle or somesuch.

We are ready to fork over a boatload of money to another PCO/heat treatment provider, and I just want to get a good, trustworthy recommendations from people who have had success with it. Please point me in the right direction if a thread already exists.

Thank you all and happy new year.

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 30 2011 15:58:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear manicinbk,

I can provide you with recommendations but I am unsure if I am allowed to under the rules of the website.

There are several good service provider companies in your area.

paul b.
    pjb pest management consulting, llc
    author the bed bug combat manual

As a consulting entomologist I provide services for entities such as property managers, health/housing/emergency depts, schools, hospitality/resort/cruise industry, homeowners, food service, retail, pest professionals & product manufacturers. I recommend only efficacious methodologies, products and equipment. Professional relations have included Actisol, AMVAC, Atrix, BASF, Bayer, Catchmaster, FMC, GMT, Eaton, MattressSafe, Nisus, ProTeam, Rockwell, Syngenta & Woodstream. No compensation for product sales occurs. As inventor of Knight Safe bed bug sleep tent provides a royalty.
  3. BedBugChaser

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 30 2011 17:13:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Read my profile, I'm the manufacturer of electric bed bug heaters so you know who I am. May I ask you some questions, I may be able to recommend one of our customers?

4. ManicInBK

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jan 5 2012 12:48:52
    #

Login to Send PM

BedBugChaser - 5 days ago  » 
    Read my profile, I'm the manufacturer of electric bed bug heaters so you know who I am. May I ask you some questions, I may be able to recommend one of our customers?

Sure, fire away!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.