Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

BB Bite ID/ Skin reaction ?'s [aka AM I GOING CRAZY?]

(2 posts)
  1. abugbuffet

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 12:33:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I am 2 weeks now post FULL treatment. As I explained in a past post, we started in March with heat... tried just insecticide for several weeks and finally my landlord oked a FULL three shot treatment of hot steam and insecticide (x3 at 21 days apart!). We have officially been declared bug free. I've done all the laundry and done all the vacuuming and I agree that I've not seen evidence of fecal matter/skins/bugs (dead or living) or any other indication that I have any bugs at all... except for this: http://imgur.com/n8DgOkO

I keep finding some kind of itchy bite on my skin!

My husband has never had a single bite through this whole ordeal... and has (very gently and lovingly) suggested 'mind over matter' and that I am paranoid into projecting the appearance of a 'bite mark' on my skin. I might be willing to believe that if I wasn't on a steroid right now for another skin issue!

I've heard conflicting things: Treat till there's NO indication, including bites... but also that bites are unreliable in officially declaring the presence of Bb's!

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I AM HAVING AN UNRELATED SKIN ISSUE BUT MY SKIN IS 'REMEMBERING' THE BB BUTES AND IS ACTING OUT?

IS THIS JUST MY NEW LOT IN LIFE? Help!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 12:38:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Secodary and unrelated skin reactions and sensitivity do occur. This is why the focus is always on:

• Live samples
    • Cats skins
    • Faecal traces

Only these can confirm the need to treat or retreat. This automated 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 treatments is not conducive to people using the word "professional" when describing themselves because frankly there is nothing automatically needed when you do the job correctly from the start.

You can read more about the variety of skin reactions in the bite primer.

Hope that is clear.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,575 posts in 43,048 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234