Bat, bird, or Bed updated photos out of bag [a: look more like bat bugs]

(13 posts)
  1. Sarrita02

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 10:16:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I was able to take some photos out of the bag, still not the best quality but hopefully this will help! Let me know if the link doesn't work. Thank you.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150799915@N03/

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 12:36:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Sarrita02 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I was able to take some photos out of the bag, still not the best quality but hopefully this will help! Let me know if the link doesn't work. Thank you.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/150799915@N03/

Still in plastic? Body setae do look longer than those of common bed bug. Will have to wait for pictures with bug out of plastic.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. Sarrita02

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 12:39:54
    #

Login to Send PM

No. There are additional photos that were added with the bug OUT of the bag as I stated. The original photos are still on Fkikr as well but if you go through the pictures the new ones are there too

4. Sarrita02

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 12:43:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like Flikr had the new photos set to private. I fixed it now and they should be visible.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 13:55:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Sarrita02 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Looks like Flikr had the new photos set to private. I fixed it now and they should be visible.

Yes, now it's better. Maybe if the bugs were on graph paper or lined paper, the phone would focus more easily. Yes, these bugs look more like bat bugs and not bed bugs. Setae are much longer on pronotum than those on the common bed bug.

6. Sarrita02

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 15:28:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Great idea! I can definitely try that with the paper and see. And am somewhat relieved to hear that they are *possibly* not the true BB although of course still a problem. Thank you.

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 15:48:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Sarrita02 - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Great idea! I can definitely try that with the paper and see. And am somewhat relieved to hear that they are *possibly* not the true BB although of course still a problem. Thank you.

You have a bat problem at this time?

8. Sarrita02

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 17:36:58
    #

Login to Send PM

No. We had a bat problem over a year ago. We had the bugs appear after the bats were gone. We treated thinking regular BB and the PCO said it didn't matter what kind of bug. We were bug free for 11 months. Then this April, we had bugs appear out of the blue. I'm highly allergic and I have only ever been bit twice. The first time we had bugs and the second. Anyway, so in April, suddenly out of no where there were bugs again. We treated again. This year we had a bird and raccoon problem. The bugs appeared roughly around the time the racoon ate all the birds.

9. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 11:02:43
    #

Login to Send PM

» 
    The bugs appeared roughly around the time the racoon ate all the birds.

Out of context I really love this sentence.

Sorry, no advice, just humoring myself.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  10. Sarrita02

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 16:22:43
    #

Login to Send PM

😂😂😂lol! It does sound pretty funny! But the racoon really did eat all the birds poor things.

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 20 2017 0:53:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Lou, could they be bird bugs?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  12. Sarrita02

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jul 30 2017 22:42:17
    #

Login to Send PM

They are once again gone. We've sprayed 3 times, laundered everything and the birds are all gone. No bats. No racoons. And no bugs. I feel like next April we will see them again at this rate. We really need to get the attic sprayed and taken care of, as well as the siding? Does anyone know what the protocol is to ensure those spaces are cleared?

13. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Jul 31 2017 6:15:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Sarrita02 - 7 hours ago  » 
    No. We had a bat problem over a year ago. We had the bugs appear after the bats were gone. We treated thinking regular BB and the PCO said it didn't matter what kind of bug. We were bug free for 11 months. Then this April, we had bugs appear out of the blue.

They are once again gone. We've sprayed 3 times, laundered everything and the birds are all gone. No bats. No racoons. And no bugs. I feel like next April we will see them again at this rate. We really need to get the attic sprayed and taken care of, as well as the siding? Does anyone know what the protocol is to ensure those spaces are cleared?

The one clear picture has downloading disabled. Hard to say. Definitely not a common bed bug. Looks like a bat bug, but a ventral view of the crisp one would help. This is the dorsal view.
    https://flic.kr/p/WKXUbE
    Didn't the PCO ever go up to the attic and inspect? Of course it matters which biting insect you have. Treatment isn't the same for common bed bugs vs. bat bugs. This is obvious in this case.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,595 posts in 43,278 topics over 130 months by 18,982 of 19,560 members. Latest: Koonspg4s, slynnp1, bkb