Baiting

(6 posts)
  1. BuggyEyed

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 21 2017 14:15:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone had any success using bait traps to lure these jerks out of their hiding spots? I read something yesterday about using a yeast, sugar and water concoction that is supposed to attract them as the yeast "eating" the sugar creates carbon dioxide. I wondered about using something like this in a small bowl on the floor between my headboard and the wall combined with some glue traps maybe. I haven't seen any bugs or signs of them in a few days. I have been looking pretty diligently because I really want to eradicate these bastards from my home. I'm sure all of you know how unsettling it is knowing these intruders are squatting in your homes. Anything that I can do to get any that may be hiding out where I can kill them, I would consider.

2. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Wed Nov 22 2017 20:45:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I think the best bait is yourself.
    Interceptors on the bed legs OR a passive monitor under your bed.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Wed Nov 22 2017 21:42:09
    #

Login to Send PM

BuggyEyed,
    Where did you see the concoction discussed? Would you only use it between the headboard and the wall because that's what you mentioned.

4. BuggyEyed

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Nov 24 2017 21:42:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't remember exactly what site I saw this on. It wasn't this one. I know they would much prefer *us* as bait but we can't exactly do much about it when we are sleeping. At this point, they aren't bothering us. I haven't seen any evidence of them in a few days. I mentioned between the headboard and wall because that is the only place that I've really seen them. I have interceptors and a BB blue trap under the bed. I just thought maybe if they are hiding this might work to lure them out of wherever they may be so I could kill them.

5. Mawiwala

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Nov 25 2017 4:43:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Maybe you might catch one or two, but the most of them will try to get to you. This kjnd of active monitor is better working in an empty appartment and more for identification, if there is a problem. Better work with spraying and Cimexa. Baiting bed bugs this way is just a waste of time.

6. Exhaustedsocialworker

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Dec 2 2017 2:10:33
    #

Login to Send PM

So I'm doubting the sensi volcanos with bait my exterminator has put out... I've caught 2 bedbugs (one in the damn kitchen!) And the traps and the climb ups were empty when he was here the other day... He (exterminator) came out again because I caught the one in the kitchen.. Tonight I caught a maybe 2nd stage nymph along my door jamb between my bedroom and the bathroom...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1