Are they gone? Very few left but still doing treatment

(3 posts)
  1. destroyallbedbugs

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Oct 6 2017 20:54:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know where to start, I have had someone move in who brought bed bugs on all their boxes (which were unpacked in many various places in the house!! 2 days after they moved in, I started getting many bites daily (all in the classic breakfast, lunch, and dinner pattern). At first I thought it was a rash, but then found a live one about a week and a half after I started getting bites, and this was confirmed by a PCO and me from looking at pictures on the internet. We dusted with Diatomaceous Earth in the bedrooms and living room and sprayed some raid bed bug spray, all around the sides of each room, and did some vacuuming as well, we also threw out the old couches with large holes in them where it was believed that most of the bugs were. I have found stragglers in the oddest of places, I found one coming out of a box in the basement, one on the bathroom floor, and the rest in the living room and my bedroom. I found 9 bugs total in 37 days, the last one being found on a bathroom towel 3 days ago (odd place again). The weird thing is, that I have stopped getting bites and haven't had a single bite in 2 weeks, so I am wondering where these bugs are. All the rooms have been inspected by a professional and they only found activity in the living room (and we got rid of the couches a week ago that apparently held most of them). I put encasements on both my bed and box spring, and we both washed, dried, and bagged all of our clothing (but not towels in the bathroom). Is it odd that they haven't bitten me in 2 weeks? I have a heat treatment scheduled for this coming Thursday, but I am seeing little to no activity now, should I still shell out the $1400 it is going to cost to do this? Do you think there are still bugs hiding somewhere, surely it can't be that easy to nearly get rid of them all?

2. destroyallbedbugs

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Oct 6 2017 20:54:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, I got rid of all cardboard about a week ago.

3. destroyallbedbugs

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Oct 6 2017 21:38:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I really could use some help you guys. Is it the way my questions are asked? I have posted 4 times with no answers to anything, am I asking the wrong questions? Please someone help by answering at least one of my posts

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,621 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd