(18 posts)

Tags:

1. TerminatorT2

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Jun 11 2017 22:21:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Here is their website.

We are close to a cure. We will live normal lives soon. Thank you God.

http://www.aprehend.com/product/

2. Livingagain

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Jun 11 2017 22:25:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope so. Sounds really good, but I'm not sure I share exactly the same high level of optimism.

3. Jaywasane

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Jun 11 2017 23:19:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Maybe to good to be true always looking for a good preventative treatment as long as does not create a superbug.

Not a Pro I just spend to much time researching BB's.
  4. mp7ski

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 12 2017 0:01:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Livingagain - 1 hour ago  » 
    I hope so. Sounds really good, but I'm not sure I share exactly the same high level of optimism.

Agreed, while I get people hoping and searching for a single product that will "cure" the problem... bed bugs take more than just spraying a single product to get rid of them. Getting rid of bed bugs takes hard work, determination, and multiple approaches and/or products. I see problems with this product right off the bat. It takes 14 days to kill bed bugs if I remember right. I see issues with that.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  5. lagayle59

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Jun 13 2017 1:08:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I have done extensive reading about the Beauveria Bassiana spores and the use of these spores to kill bed bugs, but there are some problems with this method. Primarily, the spores only grow in quite humid environments, i.e., 90+% humidity. I live in Louisiana so there is plenty of humidity here, but the humidity level inside my home, especially inside my home, is not nearly that high. Second, what happens to the spores once introduced into the home environment? Do they continue, in areas of increased humidity, to germinate and can they cause illnesses in humans if they grow in larger numbers? There have been a couple of cases of illness reported, but these were overseas, I believe. I think that question could be readily answered, but the induction of high humidity inside a home where we live daily does pose a problem. Certainly we can place a humidifier in a room, yet for people with breathing problems, this can be a problem. So, I agree that as much as we want to believe that there is a silver bullet on the way, until the problems are dismissed or addressed, I think we will just be wishing and spending a lot of money without any guarantees, as it is quite expensive.

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 6:13:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Received a pamphlet on the product. ConidioTec is the company. [appropriate name for company] Of course, a state-by-state registration.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  7. FayeState

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 6:18:59
    #

Login to Send PM

How good a product do you think it is, Lou?

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 7:25:59
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 1 hour ago  » 
    How good a product do you think it is, Lou?

I haven't heard reviews. States 3 month residual. Minimal prep.

9. FayeState

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 7:47:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks - sounds hopeful.

10. FayeState

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 14:24:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    I spoke to a woman at Penn State about the product. Depending on the state you are in the product will be available the last few months of this year or the beginning of next year. It will have to be applied by a specially-trained PCO, at least initially. It will be used together with a duster. It seems the prep required is stripping the bed and washing all that and also moving furniture away from the walls. Most of the bugs will be killed in I think it is a couple weeks (can't remember) and the others will be killed in the 3 month period when they get hungry and have to go over the product.

11. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 18:09:15
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    I spoke to a woman at Penn State about the product. Depending on the state you are in the product will be available the last few months of this year or the beginning of next year. It will have to be applied by a specially-trained PCO, at least initially. It will be used together with a duster. It seems the prep required is stripping the bed and washing all that and also moving furniture away from the walls. Most of the bugs will be killed in I think it is a couple weeks (can't remember) and the others will be killed in the 3 month period when they get hungry and have to go over the product.

A duster to apply something else?It's not ovicidal. Doesn't matter since hatched bugs will crawl over treated surfaces.

"Aprehend™ is sprayed strategically in narrow bands where bed bugs are known to walk; direct spray contact is not necessary. Bed bugs of all life stages, sex or feeding status are killed within four to ten days following short-term contact with a treated surface. The fungal spores germinate within 20 hours of contact and then penetrate the cuticle of the bed bug and colonize inside, resulting in death."

12. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 19:44:15
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 11 hours ago  » 
    Thanks - sounds hopeful.

Do you have bed bugs now?

13. FayeState

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 20:18:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope not. I got concerned after an incident on a couch at a doctor's office. I'm hoping it was an ant. I tell my husband, aunt (lives with us) not to sit on upholstered furniture. So I'm stressed.

14. FayeState

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 20:21:09
    #

Login to Send PM

A duster to apply something else?It's not ovicidal. Doesn't matter since hatched bugs will crawl over treated surfaces.
    "Aprehend™ is sprayed strategically in narrow bands where bed bugs are known to walk; direct spray contact is not necessary. Bed bugs of all life stages, sex or feeding status are killed within four to ten days following short-term contact with a treated surface. The fungal spores germinate within 20 hours of contact and then penetrate the cuticle of the bed bug and colonize inside, resulting in death."
    A duster to apply a dust like Cimzia. She said something about Aprehend is good at vertical or horizontal and the dust is good at the other.

15. FayeState

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 21:11:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, I forgot to mention they're working on updating the web site so it will have more information.

16. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 21:53:56
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 1 hour ago  » 
    A duster to apply a dust like Cimzia. She said something about Aprehend is good at vertical or horizontal and the dust is good at the other.
    Oh, I forgot to mention they're working on updating the web site so it will have more information.

CimeXa is the dust. We'll see what else that website tells us.

17. FayeState

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Sep 13 2017 9:11:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Lou,
    How do the bed bugs that are already in the mattress, box spring and bed frame get killed?
    Thanks.

18. FayeState

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 16:55:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Seems a disadvantage of this is it takes longer for all to be killed. The woman I spoke with said most killed in first few days, but then the others within 90 days. Why are there bed bugs alive for more than a few days and not feeding if there is a host available?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,807 posts in 43,332 topics over 131 months by 18,996 of 19,572 members. Latest: April13Hincher, Bedbughell99, minicooper78