Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

Anyone have experience with bed bugs in a condo?

(3 posts)
  1. jellybelly326

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 13:52:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Before bed bugs, I always wondered what the big freaking deal was. Now? I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

We rent a unit in a condo and had our first sighting (and biting) last year around this time. My landlords brought in a great pest control company that gave us the proper way of doing things. We bagged up everything we owned and went to the laundromat a bazillion times with our curtains, linens, towels, clothes, etc.. Everything has been great for a year until four weeks ago when we started getting bites. My BF had bites that we dismissed, I even saw blood on my sheets and shrugged it off as maybe just my cats getting a little too aggressive while playing. Then at 3AM I woke up with my arm itching. I went to the bathroom and found one crawling on me. I killed it, woke my BF up and we started the search. Sure as shit, we found one crawling in the sheets. A deeper inspection when it was lighter out found a dead one by our baseboard heater and the remnants of a shell. The fact that they seem to be living/dying by the heater leads me to believe that they are crawling through the electrical wires/piping in the walls from other units. We sprayed and put traps down. A month goes by and we're great. I'm now sitting here at work with a swollen eye from two bites and an itchy arm. This is horrible.

Has anyone had any experience with bed bugs in a condo? The condo association won't do anything because the units are owned individually, therefore it's up to the individual owners to do something about it. That's all fine and dandy, but if the other units do not cooperate, then we have a huge problem on our hands which is exactly what I think is going on. Tonight when I get home we're going to spray, vacuum, change the sheets, move the bed from the wall and unclutter underneath the bed.

Our landlords have really been great. They are doing everything in their power, but like I said.. no one will help us. Should I take pictures of all my bites and swollen eyes and post them on the bulletin board? What even gets me is the pest control place in our town offered to come and do FREE inspections and no one is taking them up on it!

I am just devastated. This is seriously horrible and each time I wake up with any itchy body part, I am damn near tears.

Have any of you guys ever had experiences with having a condo infested? What was the resolve? I'm afraid that if the other units do not combat this together, we will remain infested. My boyfriend and I have decided to start bi-weekly spraying, changing of the sheets and vacuuming in the hopes that it helps. I just don't know what to do.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 days ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 0:53:59
    #

Login to Send PM

You may find some interesting discussions here:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/tags/condos-and-coops

There may be more recent discussions if you search for "condos" in the search box at top right.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 days ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 0:55:55
    #

Login to Send PM

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

251,665 posts in 40,194 topics over 122 months by 17,600 of 17,935 members. Latest: Code9, Blackbird13, Kvakalyabra