Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Anyone else feel like something is always crawling on them??

(17 posts)
  1. PANewBugger

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jul 20 2010 21:01:56
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband and I think we've become overly sensitive to anything that touches us, and we feel like we always have something crawling on us. Also, quite often, my skin feels like it's burning. Does anyone else get these as well? These bed bugs have made us feel completely neurotic!!!

2. Bed Bug Epidemic

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jul 20 2010 21:04:15
    #

Login to Send PM

ALL the time. Whether home, work or out! Very annoying.

3. infestedwbb

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jul 20 2010 21:30:21
    #

Login to Send PM

as soon as I lie down... My brain is sending me those messages...

4. Jenn28

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jul 20 2010 21:37:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I still feel like that once in a while but it's getting better and it will for you guys too. In the beginning, for me, all the time, at home, in bed, at work etc. It was really annoying. All part of the bb drama! When my husband works late and I try to sleep on the couch until he comes home, I can't sleep because I feel like something is crawling on me. It only happens on the couch when it's late at night. There is nothing there but my brain still won't sit still. It's the only time these days that it really bothers me.

5. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jul 20 2010 21:38:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes..almost all of us have felt that sensation...it fades with time as you have more and more days in a row without evidence of infestation and without new skin reactions.

Also, some of the pesticides used to treat for bbs also cause that creepy crawly sensation on the skin. That too should fade over some weeks.

Also, as you get more sleep each night, your state of mind should become calmer and that will help you overall to feel less edgy, hypervigilent and just plain ol' icky.

6. Bed Bug Epidemic

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jul 20 2010 21:43:51
    #

Login to Send PM

deedle, i never was able to follow up with your scare last week..or week before...

was it just the one incident on the couch? Was hoping so...:)

7. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jul 20 2010 21:57:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi BBE..

i'm sure i posted about it but i can't find it now...so...it's been probably three weeks now...maybe a little less. Maybe you recall that the guy who treated my apartment after discovered that bb in bedroom looked carefully before treating and in doing so we discovered carpet beetle larvae in the sofa bed in living room. He treated and it seemed sucessful. Then after a couple of months i decided to try to sit in the living room. Before finding the bb in bedroom i had reactions from sitting on sofa...after learning about carpet beetle larvae hairs i understood why. So i knew that i had carpet beetles and bbs...

i packtited everything on the sofa and took the sofa cushions outside on the terrace where i beat them, etc. but apparently i did not get all the hairs out. So when i decided to sit on the sofa for a while and see what happened...almost immediately i had two places on my calf that showed a reaction. I thought for a second that it was bedbugs because ...maybe because the lady downstairs also said that she had seen a couple of bbs inher livingroom.

Anyway, i told the super again and scheduled a second treatment but then when i thought about it i figured that if there were bedbugs in the livingroom they certainly could have easily found me in the bedroom and so i realized it was the carpet beetle larvae hairs and i remembered that David Cain tried to get it into my head that packtiting is great for killing live bugs but that it will do absolutely nothing to remove the hairs of the larvae and that i could continue to have a reaction to those. So i got myself one of those thar newfangled vacuums with hepa filter and i've vacuumed the sofa and everything a couple of times. I do not like vacuuming...it hurts my back..why don't they make that extension tube longer..don't they know there are tall vacuumers in this world? anyway..i'm hoping that will do the trick but i haven't sat there again as i just HATE the skin reaction. I have a cover for the sofa that i'm going to put on it after vacuuming one more time...maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for asking...

so i consider that as of today i have like 70 days without any bb reactions and without seeing any bb..

But....now that you mention it..i was looking at the airconditioner today and i noticed like a light red or pinkish liquid dripping down the space between the bottom of the airconditioner and the base board. I don't know why i get this idea but something in my head told me that maybe it was dead bedbugs in there that had released the blood they had inside. but then i figured...naw..couldn't be...but then i thought...yeah..it could be or maybe it bbs coming from someone elses apartment looking for a way to get in and then they got trapped in there and all their blood came out! AAAAAAggggggghhhh!
    So i need to take the air conditioner out of the wall and see what's back there..but it's so freakin' hot here now that this poor machine has run non stop for about 2 weeks straight. Husband thinks that it's some oxidation or something going on and rust color coming out.

have you ever heard of anything like bb blood coming out of an airconditioner?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk

8. Jenn28

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jul 20 2010 22:03:07
    #

Login to Send PM

LOL, thanks guys!!!! I'm sitting here on the computer and I'm starting to get the creepy crawlies Yep, still got it.

9. WGarrow

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jul 20 2010 22:06:15
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't even have them at my place. An infestation was just discovered at my mom's apartment. For a few weeks, my skin would tingle slightly and I would slap at a non-existent bug.

As a precaution, I encased my mattress and box spring, and I have no head board or floor board. I don't let my blankets touch the ground. I feel pretty secure now that even if I had bbs, they would at least have a journey and challenge to reach me while I'm in bed(I know they would try and sometimes succeed, but hopefully not in high numbers...maybe I'm naive). I still have nightmares though after seeing those little jerks running around my mom's apartment.

10. PANewBugger

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 7:06:08
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband said that sometimes he feels crazy while at the office - he came home early one day, convinced he had something crawling in his hair (I checked and didn't see anything). I work from home so sit here scratching all day - not sure how much longer my skin will last, I'm covered in red welts, most of which I probably caused myself because I've become bed bug crazy. So sorry to hear that everyone is or has gone through this, but it's nice to know that I'm not crazy and alone! I took an Ambien last night so I could have a good night, scratchless sleep.

11. miserableone

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 8:51:27
    #

Login to Send PM

YES!! I feel itchy all the time!!! I find myself dozing on the couch and waking all startled smacking at my legs (thats where most of my bites were) I constantly feel like something is crawling on me. Lord I hope that feeling goes away soon!!!

12. KirkLazarus

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 8:57:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Not only that, I've become really sensitive to anything that moves too!

13. Ratorja

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 11:13:41
    #

Login to Send PM

PANewBugger - at least Ambien helps you, I still wake up several times a night lately after taking it.

I constantly feel tingles and itches, I feel like a junkie at work.

14. sb710

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 14:27:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Constantly. I am at work now, and every tingle or itch I get, I check for any evidence of a bite. It's really crazy. To think that before my encounter with bb's, I would scratch an itch and not think twice. Sigh. But that was a different world.

15. mattiofe

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 15:52:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes I got rid of mine months ago but I still fear going to bed and think any mark is a bite.

16. bugnut

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 16:15:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Glad I am not alone. I feel it especially on my feet and in the car - never had a bite there and no marks. Then this weekend I felt it in my sisters car and realized it must happen all the time and I never noticed it before.

These buggers really do a number on your mind -

17. Intelligenery

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 17:17:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, I get this too. During day and night. Even normal non-bite induced itches make me paranoid.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

200,061 posts in 31,010 topics over 94 months by 13,441 of 20,848 members. Latest: Mellisa, midnightfeast, senses123