Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Any recommendations in Ottawa area for K9 inspection?

(5 posts)
  1. Emmsfreakedout

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Sat Apr 22 2017 9:42:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I did search on the board, but most threads seem to be very old. I'm looking for info on K9 inspection in the Ottawa area. I'm 1.5-2 hrs. from Ottawa, but if I pay them extra maybe they will come my way. I found an egg yesterday after seeing nothing for 4-5 months and I'm about ready to lose my mind. I'm thinking if I get a K9 team in maybe that will help me identify where there is still a problem.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 months ago
    Sat Apr 22 2017 20:55:26
    #

Login to Send PM

If you click the Ottawa and Ottawa k9s tags at the top of the thread, you will see some recommendations. There may be more via searching for Ottawa in the search box at top right-- because threads often don't get tagged appropriately. Some of the recommendations in the tags are a few years old or even more, it's true.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Emmsfreakedout

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Apr 26 2017 19:46:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I ended up having Thermapro from Montreal come in. I went with them because the owner spent quite bit of time with me on the phone and seemed very professional. Their dogs are WDDO certified and the handler checks all alerts given by the dog.

They came today and the dog's handler was very thorough and spent quite a bit of time searching my home before he let the dog out. He didn't find anything himself. The dog alerted in two spots - a couple decorative chests I have and the bottom corner of my bed, the handler checked those spots and still couldn't find anything. I threw out the decorative chests because I really don't care that much about them to bother trying to keep them. My bed corner is very hard to check because it's a wooden bed with drawers at the foot end. The dog didn't alert at all in my son's room where I found an egg a few days ago. I have had a couple suspicious and slightly itchy spots lately, but nothing like last year when we discovered the problem.

I don't really know what to think or do now. I knew if there was anything in my house still that it couldn't be much, so maybe it's just too hard to find. Or maybe there is nothing and the dog falsely alerted, but the handler even put the dog back in the carrier and then took him back out later and had him go to other areas and then back and the dog still alerted 3-4 times to those same two areas.
    The company does thermal treatment, so now I'm debating getting my whole house thermally treated so maybe I can finally be done with this awful problem.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Apr 27 2017 2:22:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Emmsfreakedout,
    I responded to more or less the same post in this thread. Please check it out there.
    You did use a dog team that visually verifies alerts, but they were not able to visually verify them. That's good. I would not treat further without visual verification. My post linked above explains more about that and ways to proceed.

5. Emmsfreakedout

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Apr 27 2017 18:39:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, I'll go read your post now.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,669 posts in 43,300 topics over 130 months by 18,985 of 19,564 members. Latest: BBRuth, nonono, Cleothecat