Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Any recommendations for PCO in Melbourne, Australia?

(4 posts)
  1. camilla

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Mar 2 2011 6:53:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Having recently returned from a trip to New York and am worried I may have brought back bed bugs. I've had a couple of bites on my legs and arms since I returned but have not been able to find any sign of bugs otherwise. It's summer here and I don't have screens on my windows so chances are the bites could be mosquitoes but I am besides myself with worry.

I would like to get a professional inspection and get right onto treatment if I do have an infestation but am struggling to find anyone in Melbourne who treats bedbugs. I found this company - http://www.pest-control.com.au who look great but when I spoke to them they said they don't do bedbug calls in summer as they are too busy. The recommended Exopest but they only treat using Cryonite which does not get a good wrap here. We called Adam's Pest Removal and they only treat commercial premises.

I'm tearing my hair out trying to find a company who have experience and who treat with chemicals and another method. Help! Any recommendations?

2. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Mar 2 2011 7:42:21
    #

Login to Send PM

May you'll find some help here...

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Mar 2 2011 8:27:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The leaders in bedbug knowledge for Australia are Stephen Doggett's group:

http://medent.usyd.edu.au/bedbug/bedbug_cop.htm

I would suggest that you have a look at the link, although it will not provide you with a list of pest controllers it will help you to understand how to select a good one from the bad ones. It is my understanding from speaking with Stephen that only about 10% of pest control companies in Australia still do bedbug work, the others have found it to be too complex an issue to deal with correctly and choose to avoid the work. Although this may seem frustrating it helps to ensure that you actually get someone who knows what to do and most importantly what not to do.

It is also feasible that you may have been exposed but are only now responding now you have arrived home. The change in environment can cause a delayed reaction of up to 14 days.

I would also suggest that you have a look at the travel tips on BedBugBeware.com to learn how to check hotel rooms when you travel.

Hopefully you did not bring unwanted guests home with you though.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.
  4. camilla

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Mar 2 2011 21:38:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much - both great resources and we are now talking to propest but great to know that there are some people here who can help.

I'll post back here when I know more in case anyone else from Melbourne visits in the future so they have an archive of information.

Cheers

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.