Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

Any real truth on the DIY CO2 Active Yeast Recipe -

(3 posts)
  1. Neverthought

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 23 2014 4:34:02
    #

Login to Send PM

So, due to the lack of funds. I did make the recipe of the dry active yeast, sugar, water from julesnoise.. Anyone familiar with that concoction ?? Or that feller ? He seems devoted on the BB war.

I did read a lot of information good and bad. Bad being it didn't work.
    One REAL bad thing I just read was that the co2 will actually make the younger ones grow faster.
    Now I feel ( of course ) like I did another wrong thing.

Does any pros or anyone who has made this brew have anything they can personally share with me.

The information I've seen on the web is iffy, and I looked here on the forums and from what I could find the last post about this was either 07 or maybe 2010..
    Sorry, I'm on no sleep.
    Wondering if there's any new thoughts on this ?

Or possibly any new thoughts on any DIY things I can do without duct taping my bed ( that's to much for me for now )

I certainly do not want to speed up them growing. Am I doing this ?

Are climb ups good? Can't you just make some out of old lids or something, like .... ?? Ideas please come to me.

BB Alert Passive monitors I hear are very very good but I heard /read that after I spent my money so... FYI for those of you looking for something good without having to make it yourself and wasting your money and crap that does not work.

I have hard wood floors and they are the same color as those bugs and every little knot in the wood looks like one.

Thanks everyone!!

2. Sirtulip

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 23 2015 23:30:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I've tried it. Didn't work well for me. I've heard bbs like humans over yeast, so it apparently doesn't work as much if you are around. See this study on Google scholar

3. Sirtulip

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 23 2015 23:31:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Effect of Trap Design, Chemical Lure, Carbon Dioxide Release Rate, and Source of Carbon Dioxide on Efficacy of Bed Bug Monitors

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,831 posts in 43,552 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,669 members. Latest: bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1, Bug12345678