Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

Any new technologies for dealing with bed bugs?..

(21 posts)
  1. theszak

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 2 2014 8:18:54
    #

Login to Send PM

What new kinds of treatments are around for bedbugs?... emphasis on new and maybe not as well known as the standard treatments.

Any new technologies for dealing with bed bugs?...

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 2 2014 10:20:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Something new and very useful about to come out soon but it's a week or two away from US launch.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Canuck

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 2 2014 14:37:48
    #

Login to Send PM

and the Canadian launch...?

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector
  4. theszak

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 2 2014 19:24:59
    #

Login to Send PM

What actually is it that's referred to when writing that !?...

bed-bugscouk - 9 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    Something new and very useful about to come out soon but it's a week or two away from US launch.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

5. Bug Buffet

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 2 2014 19:50:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmm...

I wonder if it's this?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/05/130530165850.htm

That can't be...this is over a year old.....

B Buffet

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 2 2014 19:51:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I think David's point is that he can't tell us until the launch. So watch for that.

There's some notes on other recent developments in the Pestworld 2014 thread here.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 2 2014 20:45:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes and no it's not nano technology, trust me I know how long that stuff takes to go from lab concept to field product and it's not weeks.

It's a novel non synthetic insecticide technology that will initially be available in NY and Illinos with a wider release from there. I am not sure of a Canadian launch and an EU /RoW will follow as and when is possible.

If you look at what I have posted a few months ago you will get some idea what this can do.

David

8. Beingbitten77

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 3 2014 0:23:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it available through PCO only? I am currently being treated in illinois and under a 90 day guarantee. 3rd treatment tomorrow

bed-bugscouk - 14 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 3 2014 9:35:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Beingbitten77,

It will go on sale to both the public and PCO's at the same time.

The smart PCO's will see the value in using it quickly and I envisage it will soon become a staple element of treatments but steering oil tankers is a slow process and often its driven by consumers who request it.

David

10. Beingbitten77

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 3 2014 16:50:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok thanks. I will be waiting to see what it is. My bites have reduced and my son had been bitten a couple times in his bedroom so I am hoping today with the 3rd powder treatment today that will knock them down. Always hoping for more effective or helpful tools

bed-bugscouk - 7 hours ago  » 
    Hi Beingbitten77,
    It will go on sale to both the public and PCO's at the same time.
    The smart PCO's will see the value in using it quickly and I envisage it will soon become a staple element of treatments but steering oil tankers is a slow process and often its driven by consumers who request it.
    David

11. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 3 2014 17:48:47
    #

Login to Send PM

12. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 3 2014 19:20:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Abs,

See it's a times like this that I know you pay attention.

I will think of a suitable reward.

David

13. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2014 10:31:02
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 15 hours ago  » 
    Hi Abs,
    See it's a times like this that I know you pay attention.
    I will think of a suitable reward.
    David

I ALWAYS pay attention DC!

REWARD you say?! I looove rewards!!!!!

14. sassysusan123

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2014 13:38:22
    #

Login to Send PM

It would be great if they could invent something to get rid of infestations, like a spray and or etc. This is the technology I am really looking forward to seeing.

I just moved to an apt and for the first time am dealing with this. I'm almost to the point of just leaving everything and start new at another apt. Really contemplating it.

15. sassysusan123

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2014 13:39:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Any new technology that really works to get rid of infestations?

16. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2014 13:49:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi theszak and sassysusan123,

I *believe* David's new product that is coming soon is a product to use for "debugging" items. (How great will that be for people worried about their laptops . . . among other things?!)

Additionally, there have been a couple of posts recently about some new products:

This one is restricted for professional use only, but Paul Bello stated that the lab and field test results have been excellent:

P Bello -  » 
    Another new product launched and detailed at Pestworld 2014 is the Nuvan Directed Spray Aerosol product.
    While this product is a restricted use professional use product only, the significance of this product is that it is a highly effective insecticide product for use against bed bugs and other pests.
    The advantages of this product are that it provides vapor action which greatly increases the window of opportunity for success against bed bugs for today's pest professional.
    I've seen this product work in the lab and the field and the results are excellent.

. . . and there is also a new monitor on the market for detection purposes:

P Bello -  » 
    The monitor product is from SensSci which means "Sensible Science" according to one of the founders Mr. Jeff White. Note that Jeff holds a MS in Entomology and is also a BCE.
    Jeff informs that he is the principal developer behind the volcano monitor and that the lure which may be used with it is licensed from the Rutgers University Department of Entomology who are the folks that developed it.
    . . .

These are actually two products; the monitor device and the lure product. The lure product label indicates the contents therein which include octanol and other human attractant compounds. What's key is the combination of these compounds such that it is attractive to the target pest, bed bugs. Of particular interest is the duration for which these compounds remain attractive once the lure product is activated for use. . . . Note that the lure may be used in their trap device as well as others.

17. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2014 13:51:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi sassysusan123,

At present we use things that were developed 3 years ago, its a a great set of tools but the key issue is that you need training and experience to use effectively and to achieve immediate resolution of light to medium infestations. In fact 2 out of 3 of the elements we use are currently available in the US but there is often a "not invented here" mentality that blinds some people from realising that most of the worlds technological advances don't happen in the 50 states.

There will always be more to resolving an infestation than just spraying and hoping they all die, for a start there is understanding how they are getting into the property in the first place.

David

18. sassysusan123

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2014 13:57:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for posting. The new technology David wrote about is great. I can use it if I finally decide to move from my apt. It would lower the cost of getting new items and the laundering involved.

19. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2014 14:21:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

We have aimed to make it cheaper than laundering so when its fully available we can change the FAQs to say "wash, dry or do this" as well as updating a lot of the other sections.

David

20. theszak

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2014 15:58:56
    #

Login to Send PM

a) How about the a) Pro EcoRaider products?...
    http://ecoraiderpmp.com/product/

b) How about the b) Retail EcoRaider products?...
    http://ecoraiderusa.com/bedbugs.aspx

21. tryingalso

Banned

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Nov 7 2014 23:16:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Fibertrap at fibertrap.com (micro-fiber that traps bed bugs, like spider webs - 3 high schoolers on Long Island, NY spun the idea up and Stony Brook University is helping them with it)

GoodKnight Bed at http://goodknightbeds.com/ (bed that sanitizes itself with heat for 3 hours before use)

Nuvan aerosol spray

Some of my own ideas, which I'm presently not in the position to work on, as I've other inventions I'm brewing up which are costing investment money:

- pulse of laser and 3 mirrors next to bed legs to bounce laser around bottom of bed along floor that pulses via motion-sensor to fry/zap any insect that is approaching - can also be used to zap them at the approach ceiling to drop down. Could be dangerous - like don't piss on the electric fence.

- motion-sensored small bed bug vacuum that sucks any insect that is approaching bed legs

- motion-sensored spritzers of SteriFab (or any other contact or residual spray) that hoses down approaching insects (like bed bugs)

- new construction for homes: all glass or metal rather than wood and insulation with sloped floors that have drains and vents that open only when needed and have technology (motion-sensing or whatnot) to keep pests out. Any pest gets it, just hose the place down and drain.

- new tax to every citizen to fund bed bug eradication research; sure beats all the money everyone is losing in a losing battle

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,883 posts in 43,563 topics over 131 months by 19,079 of 19,673 members. Latest: amanda017, sircoolkeen, skale