Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Any good PCOs in Philadelphia?

(5 posts)
  1. ihavequestions

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 8 2009 14:38:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, i am looking for a recommendation for inspection or treatment in Philadelphia. There don't seem to be any positive reviews here for Philly.

Has anyone used Orkin in Philly?

Thank you.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Oct 9 2009 1:30:21
    #

Login to Send PM

See the Philadelphia thread for more possible recommendations.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. ihavequestions

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2009 18:49:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, i am looking for a recommendation for inspection or treatment in Philadelphia. There don't seem to be any positive reviews here for that area.

Also, does anyone have positive or negative reviews for Orkin in any area?

Thank you.

4. Bugbitten Meg

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2009 19:40:58
    #

Login to Send PM

If you type 'orkin' in the search box at the upper right of the page, you'll get a list of posts which have the word in it, with maybe a surrounding sentence or two so you can skim and see if it's interesting sounding.
    I don't know how standardized they are, though... especially with a 'picky' job like bed bugs, even a good firm overall may very well have some teams with a better record than others.

For what it's worth, I'm in northern NJ and the two PCOs I ended up looking at both work in PA as well -- that would be A3 Superior (aka AAA Superior) Pest Control, and Cooper Pest Solutions. Both firms offer both conventional IPM treatment, or a more expensive one-time thermal treatment. I went with A3 Superior, mainly because they were willing to tell me more over the 'phone (including a cost-per-square-foot estimate for each method.)

I had a thermal treatment just about a month ago, and haven't had any bites since, but any IPM treatment would need at least two visits-- and maybe more-- even from a good company.

Also, bear in mind that if you are in an apartment, condo, or townhouse, the problem may come back in from neighbors; talk to them about whether they've seen bugs, too. If you have a landlord, he may be responsible for treatment... but depending on your landlord, that can be a headache, too, since the lowballing price estimate for bedbug treatment isn't likely to be the best firm. I've even heard of people offering to pay part of the fee for their preferred PCO (though they don't legally have to) to avoid repeated, unsuccessful visits from the cheapest service the landlord can find.

5. help_me

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 28 2013 23:58:32
    #

Login to Send PM

A3 is really good. They are attentive to details and when they came out to do a heat treatment for my house, they came out to do a preliminary to get scope on the structure, size, etc. Basically so they knew what equipment to bring. They also did a quick visual of my adjoining neighbours just in case the problem was coming from either. The day of the treatment, since it consisted of two sister companies (A3 and ThermaFume) they both had their little doggies and they did a quick sweep of my parents' house a few doors down just in case.

There seem to be some newer companies in the Philly area or at least ones I was unfamiliar with until now, Prodigy for one. I honestly would expect many more though since this is such a troubled region.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1