Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Another ID Please? [a: two spiders]

(6 posts)
  1. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 17:42:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Checking my son's bed now and found this crawling in the lights out interceptor. This one I crushed, but still seems to have all it's legs. Thoughts? I don't think this is a bedbug.

http://imgur.com/a/I5L2T

Now I am worried about the one I posted earlier, however. Thoughts?

http://imgur.com/a/E4CRw

I know I posted the second one earlier, but thought it might be easier to have it all in one post. Appreciate feedback. I'm feeling a little worried about that second one.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 0:30:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I am going to delete the other thread.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 7:23:24
    #

Login to Send PM

2 spiders

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 7:56:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Lou. That was my gut. But my mind went down a dark hole on that second one. The legs just looked too long and it looked like there were spots for 8 - but my fear got the best of me last night. Thank you!

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 8:38:30
    #

Login to Send PM

ithoughtlicewerebad - 40 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks, Lou. That was my gut. But my mind went down a dark hole on that second one. The legs just looked too long and it looked like there were spots for 8 - but my fear got the best of me last night. Thank you!

No need to go down dark holes. Just look at parts. If you are hesitant about the ID, I'd say it isn't a bed bug. Once you know them, you will be able to ID them.

6. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 9:42:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks again, Lou. I will say the two times I was certain it was a BB, it was. And there are so many where I'm certain it is not. But that second one had me a bit flummoxed. I need to learn to trust my gut. I'll sleep and eat better when I have these minor panic attacks. Thanks again!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

259,591 posts in 41,773 topics over 127 months by 18,320 of 18,789 members. Latest: Murtyz, Winnie93x, buggyname