(4 posts)
  1. hjbxo

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 9:42:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, all!
    So here’s my story, yet another bb story. I live in Los Angeles, K-Town area. In 2015 I had bedbugs for about a good 8 months until I ditched my bed frame and put a mattress casing on my bed. Since then I’ve haven’t got bit.

Here we are in 2017. On Oct 16th I got bit in the middle of the night, hopeful it wasn’t what I thought it was. I couldn’t possibly be reliving my nightmare I fought so hard to get rid of?! Well, think again lol

It’s the worst, since the 16th I’ve gotten bit about 25 times. About 3 bites every 3 days. About a week later I finally bought a steamer. Steamed my whole apartment just to get bit yet again...about 4 days after I steamed. Yes this is the same apartment (no other tenant ever got them, that was reported) I live in an 8 unit building.

I am going to steam yet again. Bedbugs apparently love me. I feel like living in Los Angeles bb are almost inevitable...if they are in my vicinity. They seem to always find me. And it’s so stressful. I’m praying it’s just one bed bug screwing with me. No idea where it came from.

I don’t have a box spring anymore and I still have my old casing on my old mattress. Just a mattress on the floor. I do have wood paneling bordering my studio. I have no idea where they could be hiding.

It’s almost been a month now. Two years ago I pent close to $600. I don’t want this to happen again. Any tips to save money and get rid of these f*ckers for good? UGHHHHHH!!

Anyone think this could be just one bug?
    I ’m literally writing this at 5:38am. I appreciate any feedback!!

2. shinydarkvoid

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 12:41:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm definitely not an expert at all, but having your whole bed in contact with the floor just sounds like a terrible idea. You mentioned a casing, but those only trap the bugs that were in inside of the casing when it was put on. It doesn't keep them from crawling up it on the outside. The bugs could be nesting in the floor/walls/dresser/baseboards/etc., crawling across the floor and up your bed at night, then retreating back to their nest. Steaming is good but if they're deep in the wall, you're not killing them.

Again, I'm fighting them right now as well, so I'm no PCO haha. But I have been doing a bunch of research and everything I've seen so far advocates for keeping your bed up off the floor. You can get a $50 twin mattress frame from Walmart online, which doesn't require a boxspring and ships for free if you ship to your local store and go pick it up. You could also look at Amazon rates, I don't shop there so I didn't look. Steam your mattress and wash your bedding before you put them on the frame (cook sheets/blankets for two hours in the dryer). Get some climbup bed leg interceptors for the bed legs. The idea is to kill bugs actually ON the bed so you won't get bit. Any bugs in the floor/walls/etc. will come out to find you sleeping at night and will try to climb the bed legs (instead of having free access to all the mattress sides). Try to get a bedframe with metal legs (I think that's what the cheap ones are made from anyhow). The bugs will get trapped in the interceptors when trying to get to you. Treat the edges of the room and around the furniture with diatomaceous earth or maybe Cimexa to aid in the killing process, if it doesn't interfere with any professional treatment you might be planning on getting.

And of course, the basic process of washing your clothes after every use and cooking them in the dryer, washing and sealing away any clothes you can go without for a while, vacuuming regularly and disposing of the bag properly, nixing clutter and trash, and probably putting interceptors and diatomaceous earth on other fabric furniture you might be using. Change clothes right before you go to bed to avoid re-infesting your mattress. Don't put anything on the bed. Try to treat your shoes.

If a professional disagrees with me, you should listen to them, of course, but it never hurts to take any preventive measures you can. It sucks if money is tight (I'm in that boat) but honestly there's no way to get rid of them without spending something. This process is the way I'm doing my treatment myself since I can't afford a PCO (and they can't always kill all the bugs anyway so...) and I can't buy or use chemicals because I'm pregnant (hence the diatomaceous earth). I've done a bunch of research and this seems like the cheapest way to go that has a good percentage rate of working. Any way you choose to go, it's going to take time to make sure all the bugs are dead and won't come back, so isolate your bed to stop getting bit at night, use the interceptors and earth to attract and trap bugs living off your bed who are looking for a meal, and diligently wash your clothes and keep things clean.

Hang in there!

3. hjbxo

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 15:58:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the feedback. The thing is I’ve steamed my bed but there are no traces of infestation... of course, especially when you only have one or two. I hope they are not in my wall. How in the hell will they ever leave. Thanks again for responding. Today I’m deep cleaning again with bleach diluted with water. This also seems to keep them away for 3-4 days. You hang in there as well. People HAVE gotten rid of bed bugs, even I have. Takes diligence!

4. Livingagain

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Nov 13 2017 13:22:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you have bedbugs confirmed by a professional last time? Have you found any this time?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,823 posts in 43,336 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7