(8 posts)
  1. Myworstnightmare

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 15:05:16
    #

Login to Send PM

https://flic.kr/p/Yh8Kiw

I have not seen any bugs outside the bug room until today. This was running outside the bathroom in the middle of the day. I have been sleeping in the original infested bed every night so there has been a host. This looks like an adult? I am so concerned after three chemical treatments I would find this in broad daylight away from where all the activity has been. What is going on??????

2. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 15:16:22
    #

Login to Send PM

It does appear to be quite thin, and if not an adult, than almost one...

I don't have the professional experience to say what's happening- but I can tell you that after treating, and seeing no signs for about 2 weeks, I also found one that looked almost exact to yours on the side of my husbands video game chair. The sight of it threw me right back to where I had been weeks earlier, and Lou commented that it appeared to be an older nymph that hadn't recently fed. If I had to guess, based on all I've read, they go in to super survival mode. Chemicals are down to kill them, and they break the normal behaviors in an effort to find food and not die.

Those 2 I saw on my husbands chair were the last ones I ever found. That was somewhere around August 10th. I continue my 2x weekly searches, daily or every other day bedsheets laundering, and clothing is all still in tied bags... I wish you the very best of luck, and hope that it's just bugs in survival mode but that you are, in fact, winning!

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
  3. Myworstnightmare

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 15:40:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the response - it is so helpful to hear other experiences if only to know I'm not alone! My pco did tell me that the bugs could start exhibiting abnormal behavior as they are dying. I've bagged this for him to look at - he said there would be notable physical changes if they are affected by the poison, he just asked me this morning to try and bag one that I didn't squish first but I have only seen one since treatment started- until this afternoon! So I guess that's a positive????

4. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 15:42:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Myworstnightmare - 1 minute ago  » 
    So I guess that's a positive????

Funny what we look at as a 'positive' now, right?? 😂

5. Myworstnightmare

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 16:35:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes! I have to try and find something to keep myself from going crazy. I just really hope this was a random one-I switched rooms with my girls and they have had no bites since. I just pray that continues. I've held on to a little bit of my sanity with the thought this was in one room. 6 weeks later and three treatments I hope it's not spreading!!!!

6. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 19:19:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm with ya!! Lets both cross our fingers for you!!!

7. Myworstnightmare

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 19:23:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you!!! I would not wish this problem on anyone!!!!

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Sep 10 2017 7:31:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Myworstnightmare - 15 hours ago  » 
    Thank you for the response - it is so helpful to hear other experiences if only to know I'm not alone! My pco did tell me that the bugs could start exhibiting abnormal behavior as they are dying. I've bagged this for him to look at - he said there would be notable physical changes if they are affected by the poison, he just asked me this morning to try and bag one that I didn't squish first but I have only seen one since treatment started- until this afternoon! So I guess that's a positive????

It's a very flat female bed bug. There wouldn't be any notable physical changes if affected by the poison. This one hasn't eaten in some time and could have crawled away due to insecticide application.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,050 posts in 42,686 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us