Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Am I insane?

(5 posts)
  1. EddieFrank

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jun 15 2016 11:47:51
    #

Login to Send PM

The skinny: had bed bugs 6 months ago. Got full treatment - cleaned everything, clothes in bags, the whole nine yards. We received monthly chemical treatments since then. A week ago, I felt and noticed some "bites" on my legs around my ankles. Tingling/burning in the area. My wife has had zero signs of anything in months. She thinks it might be something else, or even psychosomatic. Is this possible? Can my brain generate physical effects due to worry and stress?

First post, forgive me if I left anything out.

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jun 15 2016 12:07:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I am no expert but bites around ankles are often flea bites. Residual treatment probably does not last 28 days so eggs could have hatched.
    If it is BBs then they could be coming from another apartment, if you live in a multi dwelling, that has either just been treated, has been left vacant or the population needs to expand.
    You need to check your bed, mattress, headboard, under dust cover on spring frame. The couch. Bag what you find as evidence.
    Hope it is all in your head. Years ago we had something at work that bit and they had to keep spraying.

3. EddieFrank

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jun 15 2016 12:13:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for reply.
    I live in my house. Do flea bites feel/look the same? The burning, tingling sensation?

4. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jun 15 2016 12:29:07
    #

Login to Send PM

People have different reactions to bites and some people do not react so it is difficult to generalise. For me animal flea bites are small and itchy. Bedbugs I am not sure as I never found what was giving me big itchy welts (which is how some people describe them). There are insects called chiggers too that I understand bite people in grass. I don't know about those as I live in the UK. We do have ticks outside here though like you have in the US

5. EddieFrank

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jun 15 2016 12:39:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you! Im stating to believe they might be flea bites, after some research.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,567 posts in 43,045 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234