Am I in the clear? Help!

(2 posts)
  1. Justxaddxwater

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 9 2017 14:19:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Alright, this unfortunately isn’t my first time dealing with bed bugs, but this time I’m hopeful it was a one and done.
    I first became in contact with them through a hotel I stayed at temporarily between moving to a new rental. Myself and my family were covered in bites and were able to locate the bugs and secure the bed as to at least not be bitten until we moved out.

When we moved into our new rental, almost 2 years ago now, we took precautions to ensure we didn’t bring them with us. However, my husbands family had gotten their own infestation around this time.

Throughout these nearly 2 years, his family has come over for short periods of time and we never saw any signs of bed bugs. A month or so ago, we allowed a child to spend the night at their home after being assured they had been rid of the bugs "for awhile”. Our child returned with about 20 bites, meaning the infestation was large I’m assuming. He spent time on our couch and his items he brought back were also in the living area, because as the bites were on his back, I was unaware for a couple hours.

Once I noticed, the items were laundered. Again, no signs of bugs that I saw. On 10/31, I woke from a nap on the couch to find a bug on my shirt. I killed the bug and it seemed as if there was fresh blood inside it, but no bites that I noticed. The next day in the evening, I had 3 bites on my hand. Since then, I haven’t located any around my couch, but continue to remove clothing after sitting on or near it and immediately laundering them. Myself and my family have received no further bites.

Is it possible there was one stray bug brought into my home and Im in the clear now? Or how long should I continue to monitor? Any tips?

Thank you.

2. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 9 2017 19:52:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Justxaddxwater - 5 hours ago  » 
    Is it possible there was one stray bug brought into my home and Im in the clear now? Or how long should I continue to monitor?

It's possible but I think people should always monitor.
    Get a packtite passive monitor and check it weekly.
    Or get some interceptors.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,823 posts in 43,336 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7