Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Am I clear? (Passive monitors)

(2 posts)
  1. bedbugsbugme

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Apr 12 2017 18:16:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Since I saw and killed 1 bed bug on March 15th there has been no other signs. My old bed has encasements and my new bed still has the plastic over it which I inspected for any holes.

I installed the packtite passive monitor the next day on 2 beds (ours and my daughters). They have since been clear. Am I in the clear? I have been having horrible anxiety since then.

What are the chances this is a survivor from a light infestation we had last year in July? We were treated twice (2 weeks apart) in October. There is still DE in the base boards and crevices behind them. The PCO put a bunch along ALL baseboards and we swept it under the baseboards (which were removed)..it is still there.

Then there is a slight chance we brought one home from a second hand shop.

Does anyone think this was a loner? Can I sleep at night now? Lol 😖

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 7:04:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Your past the two weeks mark so step down from high alert.

Its not likely to be a left over from last years treatment but more of an indication of a "local source" infestation issue. In essence a repeat of something that has happened before, i.e. the introduction of bed bugs to the home.

Often the harder part of people understanding the issue is taking these steps to avoid. now to be clear I am not advocate a "living in a plastic bubble" or extreme paranoia (and no I don't mean you (dark humor warning)) because this itself is not a healthy way to process things.

The solution is actual what you have already done, to install and monitor and get into the routine of doing that inspection monthly, regardless of any skin reactions or suspicions. This will ensure that any future introductions are also caught early and can also be simply resolved as this one has been.

Hope that makes sense and that you remain clear.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,778 posts in 43,323 topics over 130 months by 18,994 of 19,570 members. Latest: NotParanoid, montrealer, April13Hincher