PCO confirmed last night.
    Yessss!

2. beachbum

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 29 2017 14:03:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats! What has to happen for them to give the all clear?

3. Bedbugmom41

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 29 2017 15:27:10
    #

Login to Send PM

beachbum - 1 hour ago  » 
    Congrats! What has to happen for them to give the all clear?

Meticulous inspection.

4. Bedbugmom41

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 29 2017 21:19:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I think I understand your question after reading your post...
    I had 2 perethrin treatments 2 weeks apart.
    Bagged everything before baking in dryer on tight heat setting.
    Unbagged treatebales in the bath tub before dryer but never saw bugs or eggs not shells from bagged items.
    Headboard not touching the wall.
    Bed not touching headboard.
    Nothing on bed touched the floor (items that did were "baked" in the dryer before touching the bed again.
    Clim Up interceptors on each bed leg.
    Box spring discarded by PCO.
    Double bb mattress encasements (I have cats with claws).
    ALL dirty clothes would go straight in the washing machine (no laundry basket).
    Clothes would go through dryer before leaving the house.
    Daily inspection of mattress encasements, interceptors and ground zero room.
    Vacuuming once a week sealing bag before outside disposal.
    Ziploc day camp / bi monthly visits backpack (child).
    Under no circumstances did I mopped or wet cleaned treated surfaces (floors and furniture. It looks awful, but awful beats bedbugs any day).

Yeah. Exhausting and maybe a little bit overboard, but I'm bb free after 2 treatments.
    Had a level 7 infestation (multiple generations over 4 months but only 1 room infested as me and my son slept and watched tv in that room rarely using the living room and he wasn't sleeping in his bed due to medication side effects).

New acquired bb prevention habits will stick.
    Sadly now have to work on getting the bugs out of my mind (formication and little sleep).

You will eventually conquer. But in the mean time you will probably bounce in between greif stages.

I AM BY NO MEANS AN EXPERT. THIS IS ONLY MY STORY AND EXPERIENCE.

5. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 29 2017 21:44:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats to you!!!!

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 29 2017 22:18:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats! You may want to monitor going forward, just to be sure they're gone.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. Bedbugmom41

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 29 2017 23:16:36
    #

Login to Send PM

psychologically_messed_up - 1 hour ago  » 
    Congrats to you!!!!

Thx!

8. Bedbugmom41

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 29 2017 23:17:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 58 minutes ago  » 
    Congrats! You may want to monitor going forward, just to be sure they're gone.

For the rest of my life.
    I always say there was life "before" and there is life "after".
    Thanks!

9. bbmd

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 2 2017 9:29:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats!!! Did you get any bites after your last treatment. I had some but pco felt it's all clear after inspection so I'm thinking maybe it's mosquito bites but still had freaked me out. I agree time to get the bugs out of my head now!!

All the best to you.

10. Bedbugmom41

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 11 2017 16:30:38
    #

Login to Send PM

bbmd - 1 week ago  » 
    Congrats!!! Did you get any bites after your last treatment. I had some but pco felt it's all clear after inspection so I'm thinking maybe it's mosquito bites but still had freaked me out. I agree time to get the bugs out of my head now!!
    All the best to you.

Yes, I had 2 or 3 of what appeared to be "bites" or skin reactions. However no evidence of BB was found, so I have to assume it was something else. I would get those once every 4-5 weeks.

PCO confirmed I was all clear after inspection - 63 days after the second treatment - 60 days without any activity (aside from the seldom skin reactions).

PCO confirmed Pyrethrin is still active. Anxious me will wait to wet-clean floors and funiture.

11. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Oct 12 2017 8:13:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so happy to hear this, Bedbugmom41! Success stories are so helpful for those of us still battling the anxiety.

It doesn't help that I am covered in bug bites. I am fairly certain they are mosquitos as I am outside a lot, and the mosquitoes have been bad this year. But every bump and bite still sends me into a panic. If I don't remember being bitten in that spot, I really have anxiety.

But no signs in my LightsOut Interceptors, fecal, etc. I went through a very similar process to you and sounds as if our infestations are similar. Still so worried someone will bring them back. My husband travels for work and I think that's where they came from. He is not as diligent as I am when checking hotels, bringing back his luggage and clothes, etc. It is exhausting having to keep up with everyone, but I am hanging in. By a thread. And praying this is really over.

Thank you so much for sharing your success.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,621 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd