Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

after treatment qstn/vacuuming?

(3 posts)
  1. stardog32

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 10:38:02
    #

Login to Send PM

We had our first chemical treatment on Monday. My PCO was very quick (took about an hour and a half to treat entire house and furniture, it's not very big house.) He was polite but didn't seem to want to answer too many questions. He told me to politely "quit freaking out". That did not reassure me...this isn't an ant or even roach problem.

After treatment I spotted some live bugs on the ceiling. A few one day, 3 one day, none one day. Yesterday during vacuuming I saw 2 tiny light brown ones on the ceiling. They're in the edge where the ceiling meets the wall. I also found some skins.

I called the pest company freaking out, especially after I didn't get much opportunity to ask questions during treatment A very kind, patient PCO rep came and gave the house a look over. He said what I was seeing was normal, and to have faith in the process. He said their success rate is very good with just chemicals and he feels it will work for me, given the level of infestation and prep work I did. He was disappointed I threw out the mattresses but I don't care - the thought of sleeping on them again terrified me. They will of course come out to retreat in 2 weeks.

Does anyone thing the ceiling activity I'm seeing is normal?

How often should I vacuum? And what should I vacuum? Yesterday I vaccummed all of the ceiling "crevices", the walls, the corners where the floor meets the wall, the floors, the furniture. I emptied the canister into a bag and tied/taped it shut , rinsed out the filter and canister, and put that in a bag. I then put the vacuum in a bag and taped it shut. I know it takes work but I just can't do that every single day. Maybe just vacuum the ceiling problem spots, and floors?[b]

2. stardog32

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 11:13:55
    #

Login to Send PM

The rep said it's ok to go back to normal. I don't know if I can do that until I know they're gone. If they'll ever be gone.

I would love to sleep in a bed again though. I've been camping out in the living room on a small love seat. And drinking waaaayy too much. Every itch, every mark on me or my kids causes me to break out in tears.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 23:30:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Someone here may be able to comment on what you're seeing and whether vacuuming is a good idea if you post a list of what was used in treatment and where. PCOs are supposed to leave such a list with the customer and if that's not you (e.g. your landlord, etc.), you have a right to ask them to see it.

Some treatment methods can apparently cause them to scatter.

Some (for example, dusts) shouldn't be vacuumed up.

I hope that helps!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,484 posts in 42,162 topics over 127 months by 18,503 of 18,993 members. Latest: Searching4answer, amybooks, imbuggingout