Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

After Heat treatment - no bites but are they gone?

(6 posts)
  1. wellingtonboots

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 18:33:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I had heat treatment 2 weeks ago. So far no bites, no bed bugs seen and no bugs caught in my interceptors/climb up.

Honestly I'm almost on the verge of celebrating, but are they really gone? How long do I need to be bite free and bug siting free before I can celebrate?

Should I keep my furniture? My tenancy is coming to an end and Im moving to a new house soon. I am paranoid that there might be eggs in my furniture that will hatch and infest my new place. My furniture isn't very expensive and I don't mind parting from it.

2. Tim m

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 20:58:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Did they do any kind of residual spray after heat? Most company's should because any bed bugs that made a dash for the baseboards to escape the heat will have to cross the kill zone to come out.

And when it comes to furniture no need to toss it out if treatment was done correct.

3. wellingtonboots

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Oct 8 2017 12:53:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

They did spray some residual pesticide. I havent seen any more bugs, not caught any in my trap and not had any more bites for 2 weeks and 4 days. Do you think that my furniture is bug free? I heard it takes 6-10 days for eggs to hatch.

Thanks!

4. Tim m

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 9 2017 14:24:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Heat will also kill any eggs and its been 18 days with no bites it sounds like the pco did a good job. Only advice I can give is just monitor from here on out.

As for the furniture I didn't toss out any of mine my couch was ground zero and I still have it after my heat and spray.

5. wellingtonboots

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Oct 12 2017 10:41:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I unfortunately found a dead adult bedbug in my interceptor trap today. I am freaking out. I havent been bitten but its really scary. Does this mean I need to toss my furniture and all my stuff?

6. IckIck

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Oct 12 2017 11:27:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Does your PCO have a guarantee? Mine said they would come out for 60 days after treatment free of charge to treat again. It's good news that the bug was dead - it came out and must have crossed some residual pesticide which killed it. My understanding is that if you are getting treatment there is no need to discard furniture, and in fact getting rid of furniture that is not properly wrapped can do more harm than good if it spreads any existing eggs or bugs. I would see if anyone else responds to your post - I'm not an expert. Good luck.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,621 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd