Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

After a YEAR of no proof I finally caught one [a: bed bug or close relative]

(165 posts)
  1. FayeState

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 0:10:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your posting, Tuper, and I hope you end up without a bed bug problem.

2. BuggedbyNight

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 0:29:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh no, sorry if I wasn't clear. I had them confirmed. I guess about a week into itching I found them and had exterminators come and spray. A couple times and nothing. Then they disappeared but the bites didn't.

I would try not to look for them. See if the bites stop. It could be a mental thing. Especially if you think about it a lot.

3. FayeState

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 0:42:38
    #

Login to Send PM

You were clear - I knew you had it confirmed initially, but then told gone. What I meant was you didn't know it was a fact that you had them again, or still, until you actually found one. I have not seen any actual bites, but read people react differently and some not at all.
    Why didn't the handler confirm what the dog was indicating?
    What is your treatment plan now?
    What I don't understand is that everybody says if someone has bed bugs for a long time then you can't miss them, yet in your case they could be missed. You didn't even have fetal on the bed frame.

4. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 1:32:29
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 48 minutes ago  » 
    You were clear - I knew you had it confirmed initially, but then told gone. What I meant was you didn't know it was a fact that you had them again, or still, until you actually found one. I have not seen any actual bites, but read people react differently and some not at all.
    Why didn't the handler confirm what the dog was indicating?
    What is your treatment plan now?
    What I don't understand is that everybody says if someone has bed bugs for a long time then you can't miss them, yet in your case they could be missed. You didn't even have fetal on the bed frame.

He tried to confirm it visually but couldn't. We're getting a treatment done this Thursday. You're right, my case is pretty odd apparently. I just knew I had them because the bites never went away. You sound pretty safe.

5. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 2:02:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Bugged, you seem like a nice person and I hope you're finally finished with this. What kind of treatment are you getting? Do you have to do much prep?
    When you say he tried to confirm, do you mean he took apart the frame and couch and couldn't find anything?

6. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 2:22:43
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 18 minutes ago  » 
    Bugged, you seem like a nice person and I hope you're finally finished with this. What kind of treatment are you getting? Do you have to do much prep?
    When you say he tried to confirm, do you mean he took apart the frame and couch and couldn't find anything?

Chemical treatment I'm sure. And no, I got bags to easily put my stuff away. He didn't take the frame apart. Just flipped and looked up and down on it. Same with couch. He was pretty confused why he couldn't find anything. Said he believes his dog though, especially since I had the one I caught to show him.

7. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 2:52:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Weird. Well, good luck then.

8. Tuper

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 8:53:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Bugged, I am a little bit worried about that for myself. But a week in and I haven't found anything else, nor have I got any more bites. My little pet in the Tupperware is getting much flatter than she was when I caught her. I am literally praying to God that I just had the one. Picked her up as a hitchhiker from somewhere. Hopefully before she was breeding age. She has not laid any eggs in the Tupperware. Which was the whole reason I was keeping her alive, was to see if she was going to lay eggs.

Faye, do you have any adult children nearby? Is there any way that they could help in your situation? And by help, I mean pitch in to pay for a dog. I really feel like you don't have a problem based on the little information I've heard. And if a dog didn't sense anything, your worries could be put to rest permanently. Anxiety is no fun, and I would think it might be detrimental to your health. Especially being a senior citizen.

9. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 10:05:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Tuper,
    Thanks for your concern. I have a daughter and son-in-law but they live 2,000 miles away. They wanted to come and help but I told them not to since, if I do have bed bugs, I don't want to give them to them. As to money for a dog inspection, I am lucky that is not an issue. Actually, I am starting to relax a bit about it, though not sure why. If not I feel I need it, I might look into your idea of a dog.
    I hope you just have the one bug and that that is it. You seem like a very nice sensitive person.

10. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 12:26:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey Tuper, it would be awesome if it's just that one bedbug. Were you getting bit before you caught it?

11. Panicked

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 16:26:02
    #

Login to Send PM

So BuggedByNight and Tuper you have found bedbugs despite the fact that they have left no other evidence to tell you they were there apart from your bites? You also both used pest control companies (professionals) who said you did not have any confirming evidence either! This is so bad!! My Pest Control guy looked and couldn't find any signs on the bed and said after 16 months there would be multiple generations and they would be leaving evidence on the bed first. Clearly this isn't always the case as you have proved! I used climbups on my bed for about 13 months and was wondering if that is a factor for no evidence. Bugged by night, I see you used interceptors on your bed. Some people do not like these and its suggested that they can spread bed bugs further afield. Did anyone suggest this is what could have happened, hence no signs on your bed. Did they give any reasons why there's no evidence? Mine have been removed for 3 months. My guy is coming back tomorrow to check again and see where the faecal spots that I had were and the fact that some went positive using bed bug blue and to check a bird nest in the loft and said he will fog it. I'm now worried that this could make things worse, he said he wouldn't fog bedbugs, but it will kill mites straight away. I'm really hoping he finds something up there to solve the mystery. I sat on sofa today and suddenly saw a very tiny white bug no bigger than 1mm crawling and ran off to get something to catch it and it had gone! I'm gutted, could kick myself. That could have been what I'm looking for!! After the length of time you have been getting bitten, do they think it's going to be just the one bug for you?

12. Tuper

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 18:01:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Faye, I am glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat better. The guy I talked to yesterday with the sniffing dog really helped ease my worries. Bedbugs is all they do, and they have been in business for almost 15 years. Unfortunately, money is somewhat of an issue for me as a single mom. If I find more evidence, I am going to go with them even though they are more expensive. I just hope they have financing options! LOL!

Bugged and Panicked, the bites are kind of hard to decipher. I remember two welting bites on my rear end when visiting my ex-fiance's sister house at Christmas. I was sitting on the sofa in their spare bedroom/kids game room when I got bit. We had all our bags and clothing scattered all over the floor during that visit. A month later I got two more welting bites overnight in my own bed. One bite was so bad my whole hand swelled up, and the doctor put me on antibiotics. I thought it was a spider bite. Almost exactly another months later, I get two bites on my legs period the very next night I get a bite on my hand, and that is the day I found the single bug. Of course, all along I have had little pinprick, slightly itchy scabs on my legs. But there is no telling what that could be. I live in the country, and I'm outside a lot taking care of my chickens. If the welting bites our bedbugs, I would think that the frequency and the number indicate hopefully it's just the one. But the experts say they feed a couple of times a week. So who knows? I haven't received any more welting bites since my little pet was captured. If I do, I will likely lose my shit. LOL! It's not funny, but I have to laugh to keep from crying.

13. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 18:05:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Well yeah. Had them before. Disappeared but the bites didn't. Didn't find any proof of them til recently. No one told me to not use interceptors. After getting bit and nothing caught I googled. Came up with things like it might cause them to change behavior. Climb walls and drop down. Possibly causing them to spread since they're avoiding the interceptors. Only thing people would say is that they must be gone. And I'm probably just reacting to the sprays put down or some other lame excuse. The amount of bites I get daily can definitely not be from one bug.

Also, I really hope it's just that one bastard Tuper!

14. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 18:20:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Tuper, thanks and hope you have just the one bug and are finished.
    Bugged, do you think because the handler found no evidence on your bed, and I know I've read on this forum how important it is to get validation dog hits, that the bugs that are biting you are coming from another apartment and you don't have an infestation in your apartment? Do you know what happened in the inspection in the other apartment?

15. Panicked

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 18:20:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Tuper - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Faye, I am glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat better. The guy I talked to yesterday with the sniffing dog really helped ease my worries. Bedbugs is all they do, and they have been in business for almost 15 years. Unfortunately, money is somewhat of an issue for me as a single mom. If I find more evidence, I am going to go with them even though they are more expensive. I just hope they have financing options! LOL!
    Bugged and Panicked, the bites are kind of hard to decipher. I remember two welting bites on my rear end when visiting my ex-fiance's sister house at Christmas. I was sitting on the sofa in their spare bedroom/kids game room when I got bit. We had all our bags and clothing scattered all over the floor during that visit. A month later I got two more welting bites overnight in my own bed. One bite was so bad my whole hand swelled up, and the doctor put me on antibiotics. I thought it was a spider bite. Almost exactly another months later, I get two bites on my legs period the very next night I get a bite on my hand, and that is the day I found the single bug. Of course, all along I have had little pinprick, slightly itchy scabs on my legs. But there is no telling what that could be. I live in the country, and I'm outside a lot taking care of my chickens. If the welting bites our bedbugs, I would think that the frequency and the number indicate hopefully it's just the one. But the experts say they feed a couple of times a week. So who knows? I haven't received any more welting bites since my little pet was captured. If I do, I will likely lose my shit. LOL! It's not funny, but I have to laugh to keep from crying.

Perhaps the little scabs were bites too, seems strange that you would go a whole month between bites. Do you cover your legs up when you feed the chickens? Keep that little sucker trapped! Hopefully, it's the only one! Wishing you luck.

16. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 18:22:38
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 1 minute ago  » 
    Tuper, thanks and hope you have just the one bug and are finished.
    Bugged, do you think because the handler found no evidence on your bed, and I know I've read on this forum how important it is to get validation dog hits, that the bugs that are biting you are coming from another apartment and you don't have an infestation in your apartment? Do you know what happened in the inspection in the other apartment?

It's a possibility. Or they could have found a nice way into my bed frame head board that I haven't noticed. And I don't. I'll ask the exterminator when he comes tomorrow.

17. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 18:28:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck and may you become and remain bed bug-free.

18. Panicked

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 18:50:56
    #

Login to Send PM

BuggedbyNight - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Well yeah. Had them before. Disappeared but the bites didn't. Didn't find any proof of them til recently. No one told me to not use interceptors. After getting bit and nothing caught I googled. Came up with things like it might cause them to change behavior. Climb walls and drop down. Possibly causing them to spread since they're avoiding the interceptors. Only thing people would say is that they must be gone. And I'm probably just reacting to the sprays put down or some other lame excuse. The amount of bites I get daily can definitely not be from one bug.

It's very frustrating, feel for you going that long with people telling you your imagining it! Especially seeing that you had a confirmed infestation. When you say they disappeared, do you mean that's what pest control were telling you after treating, but you were saying they can't be as you were still getting bites? There seems to be so many ifs, what's and maybes! Hope it's a real light infestation! With the interceptors, I was just curious that there wasn't much evidence on the bed because they prevented most bedbugs getting too you. I just hope I'm on here in a few months saying what an idiot I've been it's this....... And not I told you so, it's bed bugs after all. Good luck

19. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 19:12:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Panicked - 20 minutes ago  » 

BuggedbyNight - 15 minutes ago  » 

It's very frustrating, feel for you going that long with people telling you your imagining it! Especially seeing that you had a confirmed infestation. When you say they disappeared, do you mean that's what pest control were telling you after treating, but you were saying they can't be as you were still getting bites? There seems to be so many ifs, what's and maybes! Hope it's a real light infestation! With the interceptors, I was just curious that there wasn't much evidence on the bed because they prevented most bedbugs getting too you. I just hope I'm on here in a few months saying what an idiot I've been it's this....... And not I told you so, it's bed bugs after all. Good luck

Disappeared. As in I'm getting bites but there's been no type of proof anywhere. Exterminators just said flat out there's no bed bugs. People on forums said no proof, no bed bugs. But look at what happened with me.

20. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 19:17:06
    #

Login to Send PM

BuggedByNight,
    Were there holes in your bed frame where the dog alerted that the bugs could have entered? Could the handler have taken apart the bed frame to have looked for the bed bugs but decided not to? If so, why did he decide not to.
    Bottom line, hope you become bed bug-free and stay that way. Hopefully, your landlord will have all apartments around you bed bug-free so you don't get it back from your neighbors.

21. Tuper

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 21:03:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Panicked, I think a dog search would be beneficial to you as well!! Because if a dog doesn't find evidence, I would trust 100% they aren't there.

The pinpoint scabs could be bites too, but I'm gonna just say nah. I'm trying my hardest to be optimistic. Praying daily. Reminding myself that it's just a bug. (Shudders.)

22. repulsedbybb

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 1:16:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm in the same boat as some of ya'll...skin reactions and no evidence. The third party K9 handler here in my city actually told me that I should maybe wait on an inspection since it's been almost 2 months and no signs. I told him i just switched to hypoallergenic soaps and he said to give it a few weeks to see if that helps. I had a confirmed case 8 years ago in another house and found a bug and shell within a week of exposure. Got steam/chemical treatment, 2 heat treatments and another chemical treatment and it still took me months to accept they were gone and stop messing with my skin. I've noticed that the smallest bumps will turn into welts if you itch them enough so I think they were gone well before I finally let go of the idea. Just saying, that's how much these suckers mess with your mind.

For now, I'm trying to save money by waiting it out. For everyone on this post who are our have been in monitoring phase..what kind of precautions are you taking to not spread them, if any? Living out of bags? Showering several times a day? I'm asking because my biggest fear isn't even having them, it's spreading them. If I ever get therm again, I'll get them treated by a PCO. If i ever took them to my elderly parents house, I'm fairly certain my stubborn dad will want to self treat which would be a nightmare....

Praying for everyone here!!!

23. Panicked

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 4:38:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Tuper - 7 hours ago  » 
    Panicked, I think a dog search would be beneficial to you as well!! Because if a dog doesn't find evidence, I would trust 100% they aren't there.
    The pinpoint scabs could be bites too, but I'm gonna just say nah. I'm trying my hardest to be optimistic. Praying daily. Reminding myself that it's just a bug. (Shudders.)

Thanks Tuper. Unfortunately that service doesn't exist where I live. Also, it worries me that these dogs can signal to say bedbugs and yet the damn handler can't find any! Some are better than other, but they do get it wrong. People keep saying the handler should confirm the dog is right by finding them! Different in your cases as you have found one. Bit like this Bed Bug Blue, I've had positive results from that yet it could be from a fly or other insect. Back to square one! If I didn't have David Cain saying they arnt from bedbugs and no other way of telling then I would have been paying for treatment for nothing. Still getting bites tho!! Lol

24. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 4:48:33
    #

Login to Send PM

You're right, from what I've read, that confirmation is needed for all dog hits. I've even heard of a handler that uses two dogs and if one does a hit she uses another to confirm, then she looks for it. It is my understanding from reading that handler confirmation is always necessary so know came from where dog hit and not from somewhere else. Also, I read that the way the handler rewards the dog for the hit can affect whether the dog hits. I'm not an expert, just from what I read. Nothing is 100% accurate.

25. Tuper

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 7:04:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm just an animal person and know dogs fairly well. I'm trying to save money myself right now, which is why I'm waiting. The folks with the dogs basically told me that I don't even need a dog search since I found one...... if I see more evidence, I just need to opt for treatment. Which I will. I'm just thinking if a dog DOESN'T find anything, then it's a sure thing that you don't have them. I've seen military k9s in action bomb sniffing. Heck, even my pets noses know stuff at times. I trust a dogs nose fully.

I'm trying my best to be logical about the whole thing. The way I figure, if these things were THAT resilient, crafty, common, and prolific, and hard to get rid of EVERYONE would have them. If I was exposed in august but didn't get them, and exposed again somewhere along the way recently, then they must be decently common, but perhaps not as prolific or resilient as we are afraid of.

That's what I'm telling myself anyway. And for me the worry is yes, the spreading/infestation aspect. I get bug bit all the time. Lol!

26. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 10:57:07
    #

Login to Send PM

So the exterminator just came. He seems a lot more experienced and confident than the other ones that had been coming to do treatments. Understands that my case is weird but he says he'll find one. Pretty sure he won't. I'm just assuming the worse so I can get some good news hopefully.

Wish me luck. I know this treatment probably won't be the killing blow but hopefully this will bring them out and slow down the bites.

27. Thehorror

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 10:57:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all! I was getting bitten also like two weeks worth but maybe a total of 12 bites tops. My bites wire actually red itchy welts that would appear and I wouldn't always see a bite mark with it. They are all but dissapeared now. Last Thursday I had an inspector come out and the found one bed. If in between my matress and box spring. I wasn't there to see it but it was black according to my mom. He killed it in front of her and blood came out I guess too? Not positive though . I know that I moved out to the living room and have been sleeping ok the floor even prior to Thursday and haven't had a red itchy welt since probably last week BEFORE the exterminator even came. So then he came to exterminate on this Tuesday and. They found nothing in any of our rooms. He is still coming to exterminate his other two rounds in two weeks. I'm just wondering if it was possible it was only ONE bed bug? Or maybe it wasn't even a bed bug? I need to have some sort of peace of mind too eventually.

28. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 11:02:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Thehorror - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Hello all! I was getting bitten also like two weeks worth but maybe a total of 12 bites tops. My bites wire actually red itchy welts that would appear and I wouldn't always see a bite mark with it. They are all but dissapeared now. Last Thursday I had an inspector come out and the found one bed. If in between my matress and box spring. I wasn't there to see it but it was black according to my mom. He killed it in front of her and blood came out I guess too? Not positive though . I know that I moved out to the living room and have been sleeping ok the floor even prior to Thursday and haven't had a red itchy welt since probably last week BEFORE the exterminator even came. So then he came to exterminate on this Tuesday and. They found nothing in any of our rooms. He is still coming to exterminate his other two rounds in two weeks. I'm just wondering if it was possible it was only ONE bed bug? Or maybe it wasn't even a bed bug? I need to have some sort of peace of mind too eventually.

Hey Horror. Sorry this happened to you too. It freakin sucks. In my experience, and from what I read. When you find out they're most likely more. Even though in your case I hope not. If they're saying they never found any. And you're not getting bites. And on top of that are getting another round of treatments. I'd say you're in a really good position.

You should be relieved.

29. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 11:04:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck and please keep us posted. Did he say if any other apartments are being treated?

BuggedbyNight - 6 minutes ago  » 
    So the exterminator just came. He seems a lot more experienced and confident than the other ones that had been coming to do treatments. Understands that my case is weird but he says he'll find one. Pretty sure he won't. I'm just assuming the worse so I can get some good news hopefully.
    Wish me luck. I know this treatment probably won't be the killing blow but hopefully this will bring them out and slow down the bites.

30. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 11:07:31
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Good luck and please keep us posted. Did he say if any other apartments are being treated?

BuggedbyNight - 6 minutes ago  » 

Just mentioned that it's policy to not mention stuff like that to other clients lol.

31. Tuper

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 13:20:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh Bugged, I hope this works for you! Fingers crossed!

Thehorror, I would go back to sleeping in your room, you don't want to spread them out if there are more! They will gravitate towards their food supply, aka....YOU! As far as there just being one bug? I sure as shit hope so because I'm in the same spot as you. Was getting bites, found a bug, this site and PCO confirmed it. NOTHING since. No evidence, no bugs, no poop, no casings, no other bites (to my knowledge.) So I'm trying to remain hopeful and positive.

32. Thehorror

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 15:12:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Thing about my situation is that there's no other evidence such as shells eggs that I can see or even stains. I work at a daycare so it's possible someone hugged me and one attached to me? I dunno! I'm basically going crazy anymore with this whole situation and I just want to know that they're gone I know the exterminator said they couldn't find anything else the first round that they came they'll be doing another two weeks and we're keeping everything bagged and everything like sad to do just to be safe because I'm paranoid but I'm praying that it's not even that it was not a bedbug and if it was I'm hoping it was only one tomorrow I'm going to start sleeping in my bed again So we will see how that goes

33. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 16:08:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Thehorror: It's best to leave some sort of monitors out to see if things can be captured. General glue boards, climb-up monitors, folded paper, specialized bed bug monitors, etc.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  34. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 19:05:22
    #

Login to Send PM

BuggedByNight,
    How did the treatment go today? Did the PCO find anything?

35. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 20:20:00
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 1 hour ago  » 
    BuggedByNight,

Oddly enough he never called after he left like he said he would. When I called the place, they told me to check with management. Like wtf. I don't know, but it's their first time not giving me info afterwards. So I guess I'll see how many bites I get til the new bed comes in.

36. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 21:49:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Not sure what that means. When is your next treatment?

37. Thehorror

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 21:56:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I did get climb ups for my bed posts... and matress covers to keep bed bugs out or in lol but I still don't think it was a bed bug and IF it was I wonder if it was the only one- is that possible ?

38. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 22:25:09
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 35 minutes ago  » 
    Not sure what that means. When is your next treatment?

In two weeks.

39. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 22:27:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck being bite-free and please keep us posted.

40. cantcallit2016

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 22:33:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Panicked it sounds like we are in the same boat 10 months here no fecel ,skins or bugs but bites badly manager pco even my family doctor telling me you don't have bb it's just a alergy he said but my poor face and shoulders disagree so know how you feel

41. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Mar 3 2017 5:28:26
    #

Login to Send PM

BuggedbyNight,
    How did it go last night? When is your new bed coming in? As to the PCO not giving you any information, did they actually treat your apartment or, do you think, maybe they didn't find anything so they decided not to treat your apartment, and, maybe found the other apartment had them and just treated there figuring they were coming from there? Just wondering since in the past you said they always told you what was going on and this time they told you to call management.

BuggedbyNight - 9 hours ago  » 

BuggedByNight,

Oddly enough he never called after he left like he said he would. When I called the place, they told me to check with management. Like wtf. I don't know, but it's their first time not giving me info afterwards. So I guess I'll see how many bites I get til the new bed comes in.

42. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Mar 4 2017 0:31:11
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 19 hours ago  » 
    BuggedbyNight,
    How did it go last night? When is your new bed coming in? As to the PCO not giving you any information, did they actually treat your apartment or, do you think, maybe they didn't find anything so they decided not to treat your apartment, and, maybe found the other apartment had them and just treated there figuring they were coming from there? Just wondering since in the past you said they always told you what was going on and this time they told you to call management.

BuggedbyNight - 9 hours ago  » 

BuggedByNight,

I don't think I got any bites from last night. Or at least haven't noticed anything yet. He definitely sprayed. Couch was flipped and sprayed along with my room.

43. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Mar 4 2017 20:11:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Might spoke too soon. Noticed some little itchy red bumps on top of left forearm. Could be delayed but I'm pretty sure they're new.

44. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Mar 4 2017 20:44:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry to hear this. Where do you think they're coming from? Has your landlord told you anything about what the PCO found in your apartment or other apartments? Hope you get no more bites and please keep us posted.

45. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Mar 4 2017 21:36:26
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 49 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry to hear this. Where do you think they're coming from? Has your landlord told you anything about what the PCO found in your apartment or other apartments? Hope you get no more bites and please keep us posted.

Yeah, after that post. I found one that popped up on my neck. I honestly don't know. Either way, if they're dropping down into my bed. They should come in contact when getting off. And the same for climbing up on the bed or from it. Doesn't really make sense. I haven't found anything dead yet. I'm just hoping they're in this bed frame nice and tight and getting this new bed will do the trick along with being on top of it. If I still keep getting bites two weeks after I get new bed and installed interceptors. They will have to be dropping down. I'll speak to my landlord Monday or Tuesday to find out what was said.

46. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Mar 4 2017 21:41:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you think you, or someone else, should take apart your bed frame before tossing it to see if there is anything in there? Even if you end up getting rid of it any way, at least you'd know.

47. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Mar 5 2017 0:45:08
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 3 hours ago  » 
    Do you think you, or someone else, should take apart your bed frame before tossing it to see if there is anything in there? Even if you end up getting rid of it any way, at least you'd know.

I'm gonna have to take it apart before I take it down so I'll find out then. I'll have my alcohol and bags ready just in case.

48. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Mar 5 2017 1:05:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hope you don't get bitten tonight? When is your new bed coming?

49. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Mar 5 2017 3:41:31
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hope you don't get bitten tonight? When is your new bed coming?

Won't be in til Thursday. But I'll probably get rid of bed on Tuesday.

50. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 1:54:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Just an update. I took apart my old bed frame yesterday night. When I was outside I took a blade and cut up the corners and such and looked with a flash light. Not one sign of those bastards.. I really hope the dog was right about the bed frame and I didn't toss a basically new one out for no reason. Afterwards I threw some dust down and now I'm just waiting on new bed frame coming in tomorrow.

51. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 2:08:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the update. Are you still getting bites? What happened with the neighbors? Wonder if they're coming from there since bed frame was apparently fine since you found nothing despite the unverified hit by the dog. Didn't you say the dog also hit on the couch? Did anyone look there to see if really has bed bugs?

52. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 17:13:56
    #

Login to Send PM

So I've went and set up the new bed frame. Interceptors were placed as soon as it was done. Bed is completely isolated. I also went and threw some de across the corner of my ceiling and floor. Let's see how this goes.

53. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Mar 12 2017 13:55:10
    #

Login to Send PM

BuggedbyNight - 3 days ago  » 
    Just an update. I took apart my old bed frame yesterday night. When I was outside I took a blade and cut up the corners and such and looked with a flash light. Not one sign of those bastards.. I really hope the dog was right about the bed frame and I didn't toss a basically new one out for no reason. Afterwards I threw some dust down and now I'm just waiting on new bed frame coming in tomorrow.

Did the handler have the dog go over the frame, bed, other furniture once? Did he turn over the mattress, have frame exposed, furniture drawers out and on floor? Have dog search these items exposed in this manner? Did he let dog search or bring dog over to various objects? Did he reward dog with food?

54. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Mar 12 2017 14:00:41
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 2 minutes ago  » 

BuggedbyNight - 3 days ago  » 

Did the handler have the dog go over the frame, bed, other furniture once? Did he turn over the mattress, have frame exposed, furniture drawers out and on floor? Have dog search these items exposed in this manner? Did he let dog search or bring dog over to various objects? Did he reward dog with food?

He walked the dog around the rooms with a leash. And he only went by them once. After dog hit couch, he flipped it upside down trying to confirm. He did not pull any drawers out. After dog hit bed, he flipped frame and mattress and found nothing. "I don't see anything but I trust my dog." The dog took point and yes he did give the dog a treat after "signaling" the corner of the beds.

55. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Mar 12 2017 14:01:22
    #

Login to Send PM

BuggedbyNight - 1 week ago  » 
    Guy and K9 just left. Dog had two hits on bed and couch. He hit both left side corners of my bed and left side of the couch. He wasn't able to visually confirm anything though. Not sure what to make of it. So now I'm due for another round of spraying. Joy
    Oh and he did mention how he just found out he's going to another apartment connected to mine, for an expection. Either above or below.

Being redundant. Positive hits, but did handler take the mattress out and roll it over then bring dog back to see if same reaction? Rotate and bring head down to foot area? Move cushions off couch and see if also positive hit? What about the other apartment? Any inspected on same floor, across the hall?

56. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Mar 12 2017 14:21:10
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 18 minutes ago  » 

BuggedbyNight - 1 week ago  » 
    Guy and K9 just left. Dog had two hits on bed and couch. He hit both left side corners of my bed and left side of the couch. He wasn't able to visually confirm anything though. Not sure what to make of it. So now I'm due for another round of spraying. Joy
    Oh and he did mention how he just found out he's going to another apartment connected to mine, for an expection. Either above or below.

Being redundant. Positive hits, but did handler take the mattress out and roll it over then bring dog back to see if same reaction? Rotate and bring head down to foot area? Move cushions off couch and see if also positive hit? What about the other apartment? Any inspected on same floor, across the hall?

No, he did not do that. He didn't try to see if dog would hit again by rotating as you said. I was told he was also inspecting another apartment in my building. Didn't say which but he said they're either on the side or below or above me. Due to privacy laws he couldn't say more. I do need to call my landlord and ask him directly.

57. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 16:36:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    What is happening - the bites stop? What happened as to the neighbors?

58. Tuper

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Mar 17 2017 21:10:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, give us an update? I would trust the dog. I've seen bomb sniffers and drug sniffers in action. I trust them fully. Now how well they are trained? Dunno. But all the military and police dogs I've seen in action were always spot on. I would think that bug sniffers, if trained correctly, would be fool proof.

I'm hoping and praying for you that you are done with your ordeal! I never want to live in an apartment ever again after all this. And I only had one. (Hopefully.)

59. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 15:47:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Tuper - 18 hours ago  » 
    Yes, give us an update? I would trust the dog. I've seen bomb sniffers and drug sniffers in action. I trust them fully. Now how well they are trained? Dunno. But all the military and police dogs I've seen in action were always spot on. I would think that bug sniffers, if trained correctly, would be fool proof.
    I'm hoping and praying for you that you are done with your ordeal! I never want to live in an apartment ever again after all this. And I only had one. (Hopefully.)

Hey guys. So I'm still being bit. It slowed down the first few nights after spraying and that's about it. Nothing caught or seen so far. Exterminators just called to let me know they're making a return visit on Monday. And as far as the other apartments, I'm going to ask the landlord when I see him on Tuesday.

Not sure what to think anymore.

60. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 21:14:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Really sorry still getting bitten. Was any bug actually found on your couch - interested in here about the neighbors.

61. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 0:26:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Did the PCO ever find anything when he treated the first time?

62. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 15:56:17
    #

Login to Send PM

So my exterminator was supposed to be here by 11am-3pm. As I called to be sure he's still coming. I was told he's already in my building and he'll be here soon. So the women kinda confirmed he's here for more than just one apartment for bedbugs. Since last time I was told by the dog sniffer owner he was going to another apartment to check out. Glad to know it's a really good possibility that they're coming from another apartment. So that would mean they're in the walls or something. Now I'm pretty sure they're just dropping down from above.

63. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 16:53:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Alright so they're here as I type and I was told. They went to the apartment below for bedbugs. Obviously this guy doesn't know he isn't supposed to tell me. I kinda confirmed it with his partners facial expression. Apparently they said it looked like they were coming from somewhere else for her as well. As in not like on the bed or anywhere obvious. But she had actually caught some which is why they're making a second visit to her.

Guy pretty much said there has to be another apartment that's infested that no one is talking about.

64. BuggedbyNight

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 19:06:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry for the constant bumping. But to the pros, the exterminator said next thing they could do is drill holes into the wall. And put a gas or spray thing inside. How effective would this be? Has anyone done this process or had this done to them before? What were the results?

Thanks in advance.

65. FayeState

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Mar 21 2017 4:39:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Why isn't your building checking all adjacent apartments to those with which there are complaints? Maybe you should start a new topic with your question about the walls so the professionals will respond.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

253,659 posts in 40,588 topics over 124 months by 17,760 of 18,126 members. Latest: Passivemonitorquestion12, northerngirl2017, Soloitcher