Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

After 2nd Treatment should I still See more?

(7 posts)
  1. Gonebuggie

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Dec 20 2008 15:35:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello
    I recently found out I had a mild bed bug infestation. I had a local pest control company come out and he said he comes out for 3 visits typically but will come out if the problem is not fixed after those 3 as well. Now he came out the first time and I seen 2 that night that I killed,none the next night and one the night after that then none that next night although that night my son had a bite on him though. Then he came back for the 2nd treatment which this time I don't know that he did the WHOLE house seems he focused on the bedrooms and living room. After he left that night I killed 5 more. He is to return for one more visit or so .. but is he doing anything here or what? He said it's normal for them to come out when he sprays because he is flushing them out .. he sprayed and also dusted. I don't know if this is normal or if this man doesn't know what he is doing. Also he did not tell me to do anything different like laundering or isolating my bed or anything - With the use of an exterminator do I also need to do these things? Please help I cannot afford to pay ANOTHER pest control company!

2. BrooklynNurse

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Dec 20 2008 17:07:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Many Pco's will tell you to launder all your clothes or throw them in a hot dry for at least 30 minutes. You also have to put all your clean clothes into bags and seal them up air-tight. Your situation doesn't sound like a mild infestation, because you have been seeing alot of them lately. Let the exterminator do a 3rd treatment, but remember it could take up to a year or longer to get rid of them completely.

3. BrooklynNurse

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Dec 20 2008 17:09:59
    #

Login to Send PM

P.S. You should isolate your bed to prevent getting bites and to prevent the bed bugs from developing into the next stage. Also there may be bed bugs inside your mattress and box spring already. You should get mattress and box spring covers for your bed and make sure it says that it is bed bug proof!!!

4. F@ Bed Bugs

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Dec 21 2008 11:13:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Definitely does not sound mild. I must have at least over 100 bugs after 10 weeks (hopefully some died off after the first treatment) and I am yet to see a single bug, or much evidence of them other than the bites. Not sure where they are hiding, but I covered the wheels of my metal bed frame and bottoms of my wooden headboard with really sticky carpet tape and bought the expensive aller-zip covers for both mattress and box spring and I am still getting bit in my bed. Next step is to vacuum the covers (in case I brough some into bed on my clothes) throw the headboard out and sit the wheels of the frame in buckets of oil or vaseline as I have heard other people on here doing. As for the other beds in the house (all old wooden frames) I can't do much but tape all around the bottom I guess, and hope treatment #2 is the last.

5. BrooklynNurse

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Dec 21 2008 11:56:53
    #

Login to Send PM

IT sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck. This bugs are very persistent. But do get another treatment. Most bed bug cases require more than 3 treatments.

6. BrooklynNurse

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Dec 21 2008 11:57:35
    #

Login to Send PM

these*

7. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Dec 21 2008 12:17:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Isolating the bed is an option only. Many people rid bed bugs without isolating the bed. Keeping the bed isolated is Very tricky imo. I would ask the PCO, and I would think with what chemicals and dust he/she uses on the bed & frame area would suffice. If a bug gets back into the bed (via your clothing or something) and the bed is isolated, then it lives another day to bite and hide in the bed or pillow or something and not cross pesticide. The thing is, is that the bugs need to cross the poison to get to you. Plus, how do you know that the bugs are gone if the bed is isolated. It's also been told that when you isolate, then the bugs are more apt to come after you in different areas of the house to get a meal. I highly recommend seeing the FAQ's on this site on isolating beds, talk to your PCO and then use your best judgment.

http://bedbugger.com/2006/11/02/faq-how-do-i-protect-my-bed-from-bed-bugs-part-i/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

199,842 posts in 30,983 topics over 94 months by 13,430 of 20,834 members. Latest: bbopping1, BBmagnet, Ineedavalidusername